Questions of the week

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Let's see how this goes...

1. Was there any doubt Tebow (and the Broncos) would find a way to get that W yesterday? Only one stat matters to Tebow.

2. Is Tony Soprano OK? I know losing weight is part of it (and good for him) but he looks like he's aged 10 years the last two years.

3. Anyone see Charles Barkley on Inside the NFL last week, arguing with Warren Sapp about who woud win a race? Funny stuff.

4. Anyone else watch NFL Turning Point on Versus on Thursday nights? Great show.

5. What's your Sunday afternoon NFL-watching ritual?

6. NFL cheerleaders or college cheerleaders?

7. Can you handle the last minute and a half of a football game any worse than Philip Rivers and the Chargers did yesterday?

8. Anyone watching football in 3-D? If so, how is it? And does that affect your answer to question number 6?!?!?

9. Does Donovan McNabb have an NFL future...anywhere?

10. Can the Red Zone channel spend any less time with a game than they did the Seahawks/Browns game? Not saying that was a bad thing!

11. Can anybody really live without NFL Sunday Ticket?

12. Would the Colts really trade Peyton Manning? Can Manning be as effective in another system? Or would he bring his system with him?

13. Anyone see Matt Ryan get his ankle stepped on? Jeez...and he only missed two plays!

14. Anyone agree with me that the Chiefs white uniforms are the prettiest uniforms in the league?

15. No googling...do you know who was the first team to dump Gatorade on their coach?

16. Will there be NBA basketball this calendar year? This season at all?

17. Does anyone know golf is still on in October?

18. Does anyone realize the significance of Manchester United losing at home 6-1 to Manchester City? Absolutely stunning.

19. Did anyone else know the new Cowboys stadium is in Arlington, right down the block from the Rangers' stadium? I found out yesterday when Fox did a panorama view. Did they knock down the Six Flags that was in the area? The old stadium was a lot closer to Dallas.

20. Did Albert Pujols talk to the media after his three home run performance? He was a no-show after he committed that error in game two. David Freese was left to answer questions. Perhaps Pujols is better off staying in St Louis...that would not be tolerated in New York, Boston, Philly, etc.

21. Did anyone see the great new Chevy commercial they've been running during the World Series? Backed by Ray Charles singing 'America the Beautiful', they put old pictures in front of the exact same places in America as they exist today. Nice!

22. Anyone planning on watching college basketball before March this year?

23. Anyone else miss Entourage? And Friday Night Lights?

24. Would anyone care about a basketball league involving NBA players that was not the NBA? With what's going on right now, who on earth would they get to own the teams?

25. Anyone see Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, number one overall pick in the NHL in June, play for the Oilers yet? My goodness, the kid is six feet tall and barely 160 lbs...and quite a special player.

Have at it!

Sandra

Last edited:
2, I think you mean Tony Sparano. Tony Soprano is a different guy altogether. Although I always picture Soprano when I hear the name.

Let's see how this goes...

1. Was there any doubt Tebow (and the Broncos) would find a way to get that W yesterday? Only one stat matters to Tebow. I found myself glued to the TV. I am happy for him...but sadden to think HIS fans think he is a real QB. In the end, you are right...the ONLY stat that really matters is the "W".

2. Is Tony Soprano OK? I know losing weight is part of it (and good for him) but he looks like he's aged 10 years the last two years. Yeah, but in many ways, he has some baring on the performance of his team with some terrible play calling and lack of seeing what is really going on. Like I said, 'dead man walking'.

3. Anyone see Charles Barkley on Inside the NFL last week, arguing with Warren Sapp about who woud win a race? Funny stuff. It was funny...and maybe worth watching.

5. What's your Sunday afternoon NFL-watching ritual? Find my either way jersey(black Bo Jackson #34 jersery) or my home jersey(white Dave Casper #87), play "the autumn wind is a pirate..." video on youtube to psych me up. And of course, my family avoid me like the plague and all of my friends know that if they are in jail and they are allowed ONE phone call...they better not call me during a Raider game. :D

7. Can you handle the last minute and a half of a football game any worse than Philip Rivers and the Chargers did yesterday? Didn't see it.

9. Does Donovan McNabb have an NFL future...anywhere? I think he would be good back up...and that's pushing it.

11. Can anybody really live without NFL Sunday Ticket? 1st year back with Dtv and I seriously cannot stress how much I missed it, even with my Raiders stinking up the place.

12. Would the Colts really trade Peyton Manning? Can Manning be as effective in another system? Or would he bring his system with him? I seriously doubt they will trade him because no one will be a better tutor to Andrew Luck than Manning. I say that because of ALL the of the great QBs in the NFL, I think he would have the LEAST amount of ego training his successor. Manning in another system, only if they have the same coaching scheme he has played with all his career.

14. Anyone agree with me that the Chiefs white uniforms are the prettiest uniforms in the league? I happen to really like the Seahawks and Lions away unis.

16. Will there be NBA basketball this calendar year? This season at all? Nope to both. I really thought there was a chance. But both sides are too bull head(one is greedy and the other is too proud) to come at a solution.

18. Does anyone realize the significance of Manchester United losing at home 6-1 to Manchester City? Absolutely stunning. WHOA!! WHEN did that happen? I have kept little track of European soccer.

23. Anyone else miss Entourage? And Friday Night Lights? I never watched Friday Night Lights...but I thought for SURE there would be an Ari spinoff.

25. Anyone see Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, number one overall pick in the NHL in June, play for the Oilers yet? My goodness, the kid is six feet tall and barely 160 lbs...and quite a special player.

Have at it!

Sandra

Good questions...

1. Was there any doubt Tebow (and the Broncos) would find a way to get that W yesterday? Only one stat matters to Tebow.
He played one of the worst teams in the league. I am still not sold on Tebow. His mechanics are terrible. As for his success in this league, "we gunna see". ;)

5. What's your Sunday afternoon NFL-watching ritual?
Since I am a fan of a very boring team, I DVR'd the game and went to the local Pumpkin Patch for some hot apple cider, apple dumplings and apple fritters. Overall, I enjoyed the fallish weather, outside, in a stress-free environment. Later that afternoon, I blasted through the game in an hour. I don't think I missed much. ;)

6. NFL cheerleaders or college cheerleaders?
Are you kidding? I will take the USC Song Girls any day over their counterparts in the NFL who unlike the college version, play almost no part in the motivation of the crowd, are over aged and wear way too much makeup and spandex.

8. Anyone watching football in 3-D? If so, how is it? And does that affect your answer to question number 6?!?!?
What happens when you go to the fridge for another soda? What happens when you leave the couch to check on dinner, then look up to check on the game only to have forgotten your glasses on the coffee table? I hope 3D TV never takes off.

9. Does Donovan McNabb have an NFL future...anywhere?
Maybe as an analyst. Certainly not on the field.

10. Can the Red Zone channel spend any less time with a game than they did the Seahawks/Browns game? Not saying that was a bad thing!
There was only ONE time during the game that either team was in the "redzone". The Seachickens kicked a 20-yard FG. The other scores came from beyond the redzone when the Browns kicked a 52 and 53 yard FG's.

11. Can anybody really live without NFL Sunday Ticket?
I'm doing just fine now. ;)

12. Would the Colts really trade Peyton Manning? Can Manning be as effective in another system? Or would he bring his system with him?
Good question.

15. No googling...do you know who was the first team to dump Gatorade on their coach?
The Gaytors?

16. Will there be NBA basketball this calendar year? This season at all?
I hope not.

17. Does anyone know golf is still on in October?
It is. There was some tournament on when I was at a happy hour last Friday. I was just having a conversation about this with a buddy. Told him I realize golf goes on pretty much all year round because it's "nice" somewhere in the world at all times, but I only tune in between the Major's (from the Masters to the PGA Championship).

22. Anyone planning on watching college basketball before March this year?
If the NBA doesn't come back, perhaps.

23. Anyone else miss Entourage? And Friday Night Lights?
Definitely miss FNL.

18. Does anyone realize the significance of Manchester United losing at home 6-1 to Manchester City? Absolutely stunning. WHOA!! WHEN did that happen? I have kept little track of European soccer.

Yesterday morning. It was on Fox Soccer Channel. It was 1-0 City when Man U went down a man in the first minute of the second half. It was 3-1 with ten minutes left...and City scored three goals in the last ten minutes to make it 6-1!

Impossible to come up with something equivalent in America. The biggest comeback in baseball history was finalized in Yankee Stadium by their rivals, the Red Sox. The Yankees celebrated winning the 2000 World Series on the field at Shea Stadium.

Every NFL, NBA and NHL team has had their share of home blowouts....but none of that compares.

United losing at Old Trafford 6-1 to Man City? Holy moly, batman. The seismic reprocussions will be felt for years to come...

And to add to the fun, the Glazers, who own Man U, were at the game...they had a helicopter in the parking lot that brought them to Wembley in time for the American Bowl...they also own the Buccaneers. Fun day for them!

Sandra

Yesterday morning. It was on Fox Soccer Channel. It was 1-0 City when Man U went down a man in the first minute of the second half. It was 3-1 with ten minutes left...and City scored three goals in the last ten minutes to make it 6-1!

Impossible to come up with something equivalent in America. The biggest comeback in baseball history was finalized in Yankee Stadium by their rivals, the Red Sox. The Yankees celebrated winning the 2000 World Series on the field at Shea Stadium.

Every NFL, NBA and NHL team has had their share of home blowouts....but none of that compares.

United losing at Old Trafford 6-1 to Man City? Holy moly, batman. The seismic reprocussions will be felt for years to come...
Maybe 'over there', but not a rattle was felt 'here'. Maybe if it occurred in that lull between the Super Bowl and March Madness.... ;)

Maybe 'over there', but not a rattle was felt 'here'. Maybe if it occurred in that lull between the Super Bowl and March Madness.... ;)

LOL nobody cares here...except me, and perhaps salsadancer a little. But for the most popular (and richest) sports team in the world, on a global scale this is as shocking as it gets.

Sandra

And to add to the fun, the Glazers, who own Man U, were at the game...they had a helicopter in the parking lot that brought them to Wembley in time for the American Bowl...they also own the Buccaneers. Fun day for them!

Sandra

My cousin's husband, a redheaded Irishman from Jersey that is probably MORE Puerto Rican than I am is starting to lose points with me. He keeps me informed with ANYTHING from the Premier League and La Liga and he failed to tell me this?!! I will have to see a replay SOMEWHERE. The MUST show the Glazers expressions throughout the game.

LOL nobody cares here...except me, and perhaps salsadancer a little. But for the most popular (and richest) sports team in the world, on a global scale this is as shocking as it gets.

Sandra

Sir Alex Ferguson stated in his post match interview that United’s humiliating derby defeat was his worst day in football as Manchester United’s manager.

..WOW...'nuff said!

I didn't watch the ManU-ManC match yet(got it recorded), but I did watch Queens Park Rangers beat Chelsea yesterday for their first win over Chelsea since 1995 , and their first home Premier League win since 1996 .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts