Questions on DirecTV DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gee

Original poster
May 24, 2004
My setup here right now in California is 2 replayTV's on a comcast cable feed (my landlord has this) and no phone line and each dvr is hardwired to a router. I can watch recorded episodes on either one.

Now my dilemma is when I move to Vegas, my primary home which has DirecTV. Assuming I cannot use both this replayTV's (if anybody knows how to have them work with DirecTV let me know), and I have no plans to change to cable, will the DVR of directv be able to work without phone lines connected (I have Vonage also but now direct line close to the entertainment room). I would like to have one in the entertainment room and one in the master bedroom. will I be able to watch recorded programs from any of the 2 dvr's in any of the 2 rooms just like my ReplayTV.

Thank you much for your help and advise.

The new R15 DVR does not need a phone line attached. The DirecTivo's do or you'll get nag screens.

You would not be able to watch something that is on a DVR in your master in the entertainment room. They do not link currently.

Tonedeaf said:
You would not be able to watch something that is on a DVR in your master in the entertainment room. They do not link currently.
Do you know what the plan is for this ability in the future. I was reading something about HMC but everybody is using acronyms like crazy in these forums and assume we newbies know everything. :)

dcwebman said:
Do you know what the plan is for this ability in the future. I was reading something about HMC but everybody is using acronyms like crazy in these forums and assume we newbies know everything. :)

HMC is Home Media Center.

None of us know for certain what the plan is, at this point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts