Questions on replacement for HR-21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I'm getting a replacement receiver for some DD audio issues I have with a couple channels and my HR-21.

What receiver seems to be shipping now? I see there is a HR23, how does it compare with the HR-21? I recall when I got the HR21 it was a new model and the software was atrocious and lacking in features for the first few revisions.

Is it possible to transfer recordings from the old receiver to the new receiver? I'm guessing probably not since only one receiver could be active at one time.

I'm betting the new receiver won't fix my audio issues anyway so I might just keep the old one in that case.

if you get lucky i'll get a hr-22 or hr-23 either have a 500GB hard drive.. compared to the hr-21s 320GB. that is the only difference between the hr-21 and hr-22.

The hr-23 does not require BBC connectors, as it has 'em built in.

I just received a replacement for my HR21-700 last week.

It's an HR22-100.

I like the larger Hard Drive!

I don't like the matte finish. It doesn't match my AM-21 ;)

I've read some conflicting info about them being basically the same to having some differences.

I have a problem between the audio compatibility of my receiver and the HR21. On some channels the DD (Nick, Palladia) audio source gets real choppy. I hope there are some differences as far as audio goes between the two units.

The problem started after one of the CE updates many months ago and continued on through the national releases. However, DTV does not think it's the firmware because it only impacts a couple channels. Odds are a new audio receiver would fix the problem but the old one is semi-high end and it would be expensive to replace it with something of equal quality.

Even for a larger hard drive I don't want to lose some of my recordings :(.

The chances are it's nothing to do with the HR21, or you would expect to see many more reports of this.

I had to replace my HR-21 due to hard drive failure.

Never had any audio issues with it. Same with the new HR-22.

Any differences between the units would most likely be minor with the exception of the larger hard drives.

Some hardware (processors etc) and firmware may have been updated just due to production time line differences. IIRC my HR-21 had a production date of 2007. My HR-22 has a 2009 production date.
As far as I know they are "basically" the same unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)