QuetzSat 1 at 77W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
12486 H 20000 reported ITC. Can anybody receive? Where did this satellite come from?

Added: Can't edit title. It should read "QuetzSat 1 at 77W"

Last edited:
12486 H 20000 reported ITC. Can anybody receive? Where did this satellite come from?

I can just barely lock it in Northern California. It's coming from Echostar 1. It's Dish Mexico. You need to be in the Southern US to have any chance to receive it as the satellite is pointed at Mexico.
A Dish promo channel and MTV Latino are FTA.

I am wondering, are they using DVB-S2 signal format since my receiver thinks it's somthing out there can you guys give me the freqs, so I can home in the new signal.? I am using Sathawk reciever just for TV DXing fun!:):hungry:

Thanks!!

I'm not getting anything here in Ohio. Is there a footprint map anywhere that shows the coverage of this one? I found a map on Google, but it doesn't seem to be accurate because it shows a good signal for me.

I thought that I had to be near the Mexican border to get anything. I scanned last night and didn't get anything, but it was raining, and all signals were low. I may try again when the weather is clear.

Thanks cyberham for the satbeam website. This is a new discovery for me... looks like I'll be spending some time looking at this. Thanks.

you do have to be near the border as this is Dish Mexico service

post above
You need to be in the Southern US to have any chance to receive it as the satellite is pointed at Mexico.

I can try here in L.A see whats up with that infamous bird. So its a circular LNB I would imagine (dish or dtv lnb)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

yes its a circular satellite

photoman already mentioned what it in the clear

yes its a circular satellite

photoman already mentioned what it in the clear

I got a 24" DBS dish somewhere to try this weekend.

If you are north of the Mason Dixon line so to speak you aren't going to get much of a signal. This bird is to be supplying LIL for some southern markets and Dish Mexico. There are satbeam maps in the thread I posted earlier. Page 2 post #20 & page 3 post 23.

Last edited:
There are 2 sats there
Quetzsat1 is the NA version that has the locals
Echo1 is aimed at Mexico

As long as Dish doesnt use the same transponder on both sats (they can't legally) the 2 sats are independent of each other. Folks in the Southern US would get more TP's if they scanned than someone like me in MN

I did get a signal from same 77w sat back in 2009 and I believe I posted some picks of an open FTA Spanish music video channel with signal of about 60% on the same 24" DBS dish. But I will try tomorrow saturday see what readings I can get now.

Last edited:
Echo 1 is aimed at Mexico. Although it is a circular bird, 12486H 20000, which has promos and a music video channel ITC, is a linear tp. I can get over 90%Q on my pansat 2500 and a 30".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)