Quick dish setup question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aridon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Got a quick question. Getting ready to move, new place has an old SL5 dish. Can I take the LNB off of the SL5 and install the SWM LNB from my newer dish and will it work assuming I get everything else installed properly down the line? Wasn't sure if the dish itself was a different shape or something that would throw off the different LNB from working.

Trying to avoid having to use movers again if possible.

might want to do a quick run through of all the fittings and barrels used in the set-up. any of the old crimp on style or twist on connectors *will* cause issues especially if you have the advanced whole home feature going (not nessecarily the genie).

edit: includes fittings behind wall plates :)

Checking connectors is always a good idea but if they work now, they will work with whole home. Whole home is LESS susceptible to connector issues than regular DirecTV.

do the clients ONLY work on the moca network? i've never bothered to look into it. i know sometimes if one client has interference it'll cause the entire system to run outta whack until that one is disconnected or fixed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)