QUICK POLL: How long have you had HDTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
How long have you had HDTV? Please vote.

Grammer suggestion:

How long have you had HDTV?

Becuse saying did you have implies that I somehow got rid of it, YIKES! :)

Good point!

It has been about 3 years for me. I spent the first 6 months watching DVDs until I installed an OTA antenna - spent the next 18 month watching OTA slowly add more HD programming - enjoyed the last 12 months of HD on VOOM. Looking back, it's hard to believe how little HD was on the air back in 2002.

Going on 4 years Initially it was PBS OTA and a few prime time shows and lots of DVD's waiting for more content!!
It will be time to upgrade soon!!

I guess it all depends on what you call "TV". I bought my Dish 6000 in January 2001 and watched it on a computer monitor until I purchased my PJ in January 2004.

I remember having HD before Dish Network even debuted the HD pack. My dad just refused to pay $8 for ONE channel (Discovery HD Theater). I am almost willing to argue that it was worth it.

DBSOgre said:
I remember having HD before Dish Network even debuted the HD pack. My dad just refused to pay $8 for ONE channel (Discovery HD Theater). I am almost willing to argue that it was worth it.
I can't remember what, if anything Dish had in HD back in 01. I know they did not have DiscoveryHD yet, they may have had HBOHD & ShowtimeHD. I subbed to those for about 6 months until I saw everything and they started repeating.

I used mine mainly for OTA. Back then all of our local stations that had HD ran cool demo loops through the day. Who remembers when only a handful of HD programs existed during Primetime? We craved anything HD. I can't tell you how many times I watched the moving of the lighthouse. :p

We bought out HDTV just a few weeks before getting Voom in April of 2004. With Voom gone, we have considered selling the HDTV. Having only two premium movie channels to chose from in HD is not nearly enough.

Steve, consider buying an upconverting DVD player and get a Blockbuster DVD rental sub for $14.99/month.

Darrel --

We purchased a Zenith DVB-318 and love it. And yes, we will need to get back into the habit of renting movies. Funny, we went to Blockbuster tonight for the first time in over a year. Ugghh.

DarrellP said:
I guess it all depends on what you call "TV". I bought my Dish 6000 in January 2001 and watched it on a computer monitor until I purchased my PJ in January 2004.
:D Sounds like what I did in the fall of 2000. Back then, Dish had HBO-HD and ShowtimeHD in the clear on 61.5 (which, of course, ended shortly after I got my 6000 :rolleyes: ) I used my Viewsonic PS790 to watch the 2001 US Open on our local CBS channel in HD after I got the 8VSB module. I didn't get my Toshiba 34HF81 until October of 2001.

Got a Mits RPTV HD set and D* HD STB back in 1/2001. There's been a few 'upgrades' since then.

Chronic

I just got back from the Doctors and he said that I've had HDTV long enough for it to be considered a chronic condition. Two years in Feb and still can't shake it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)