Quick question about regional sports packages

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Today at 3 p.m. The Astros play the Cardinals on Fox Sports Houston. Although it's a subfeed of fox sports southwest, which is my Regional sports network, dish will not be showing the Astros feed of the game, even on an alternate channel. My question is, if I had the sports package that gave me all the sports networks, would I be able to watch the st Louis feed of the game on fox sports Midwest? I need an answer quickly and the CSR did not know. Let me know, thanks!

Ok so that's out, is anyone able to watch the Astros feed of the game today on any channel? I am not in front of my TV so I cannot view the guide. The CSR said they were not airing it but I really do not trust CSRs. I have people coming over today to watch the game and I am starting to feel they are going to be very disappointed.

Well the Astros site says 447
Astros Satellite TV Schedule | astros.com: Schedule

I dont have Dish to check the guide

hemi...the Cards have a weird "claimed" area so for some reason they (Dish) has like 2 or 3 alt channels used for each of the different "claimed" areas.
Yes they do. When I lived in Missouri, I watched my Cardinals on FS Midwest. Now, having moved to Little Rock and switching to cable, I knew I would lose out. But I havent. My cableco offers FS Southwest as my regional sports net, but, they also carry FS ST for the Cardinal games! You'd never get that with satellite.

It is in hd on channel 443/ sd on 447
Just set my 722 to record 443, and it went through.
When it is blacked out/out of area it will not let you set a timer.

Ok so that's out, is anyone able to watch the Astros feed of the game today on any channel? I am not in front of my TV so I cannot view the guide. The CSR said they were not airing it but I really do not trust CSRs. I have people coming over today to watch the game and I am starting to feel they are going to be very disappointed.

I am in one of the other 'claimed areas" by the Cardinals - it seems to be on 418 (Midwest), 441 HD feed from ?, 443 HD feed from ? and 447(SD), 449(SD)

I have access to 418, 441, and 449 (it looks like 443 and/or 447 is your best option being in Astro market - good luck

Well thank you all for your help on this. However I am not showing
Any of those channels in my guide right now for some reason on the dish remote access app. It did allow me to set the timer on the FSMW 418 but I am sure that will be blacked out. Maybe it will show up before gametime? If any of you are wondering my zip is 78045. ( just in case you think I am crazy and don't believe I am really in the astros market.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)