Quick Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

For the past few weeks I was receiving the 3813 H 8029 mux on 99W with a signal quality of between 51-66%.
Which is an awesome quality for my dish with its slight warp.
Yesterday that mux all but disappeared for me. I get a slight blip on signal quality but no pic or video.
On the other hand, the NBC mux 3780H 20000 on 105W reappeared after a 2 week absence, stronger than ever for me yesterday with a signal quality of 42-56%. What gives ??
Does satellite strength vary that much with the uplinkers or is the colder weather slightly reshaping my dish to a more appropriate state ?

John

The 105W bird is a new satellite now, it's called SES-11 and AFAIK everything has transitioned over from from AMC-18/15. So in that particular case that may be the difference in signal strength. The 3813 mux is coming in fine and I was watching it this morning. Every uplinker has a link budget to work with and power is adjusted from time to time and of course we have to remember that most of these feeds are not for our benefit and the people getting them for distribution generally have considerably larger dishes and the power output is designed for those bigger dishes. That being said with a marginal dish and a 'slight' warp it's possible that the issue is on your end with that particular transponder. With digital of course you either have it or you don't and if your real close to the threshold one day it can be just fine and the next not at all.

Reactions: JFOK
Hi All,

For the past few weeks I was receiving the 3813 H 8029 mux on 99W with a signal quality of between 51-66%.
Yesterday that mux all but disappeared for me. I get a slight blip on signal quality but no pic or video.
On the other hand, the NBC mux 3780H 20000 on 105W reappeared after a 2 week absence, stronger than ever for me yesterday with a signal quality of 42-56%. What gives ??
Does satellite strength vary that much with the uplinkers or is the colder weather slightly reshaping my dish to a more appropriate state ?

John

I have lost those channels as well. This, COZI, and the others are all gone. This happened a couple years ago, and then all of a sudden, they were back. The ABC channels on 99W come and go. One day I'll have a booming signal and the picture is breaking up, some days they are rock solid and coming in fine, and the next, nothing, not even a hint of a signal. I kind of grew fond of THIS. It plays a lot of old movies and has some shows my wife likes, such as the Munsters.

Pity we lost them. I'd gladly trade KRBK FOX for THIS. I haven't seen anything on FOX worth a crap for 2 years. Too much politically correct crap on them. I did like COZI pretty well, but how many channels with the Lone Ranger on it can one person stand. :)

Hi Arion and wvman,

Thanks for your responses.
I wasn't aware that AMC 18 had been replaced yet with a newer more powerful satellite which would account for my stronger signal with the NBC mux.
The missing 3813 H 8029 mux on 99W returned yesterday evening with a less stronger signal than before...48-53% signal quality. The Lesea mux for me is always a steady 73%.

John

Lesea has always been strong and of course just straight DVB-S and with a 3/4 fec. Several years ago when I experimented with a 1.2 meter minibud I could get Lesea on that dish so it's certainly a strong transponder. Lesea also has somewhat of a direct to home component with their ministry as well so that might account for the stronger signal.

Hi All,

John

Just thought you'd like to know the 3813 MUX is back on. Looks like the signal if better than before. Some of them were breaking up, but that seems to have stopped.

Hi All,

John
Its not there anymore, only the foxPuertorico/nbcvirgin islands/thistv carribean is there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)