Quick questions from a newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dovetails

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Just getting ready to upgrade to HD package / 722. Just so I know I'm getting the 'latest' equipment, what model should the dish itself be? Right now I've got a (Dish-500), which I know has to be changed, but is the model (Dish-1000) the latest, or is there a model even above that now??

Also, if the 722 is the ONLY receiver in my house will I be charged a 'lease fee' for that? How much?? I come from way back when there was no 'fee' for a primary receiver and ONLY on any additional receivers one might add.

Lastly, I'm going to run a new coax feed into the house, and I've got some RG6 Quad sheild rated for 2300 mhz .... is this still good enough or should I run 3000 mhz for possible 'future' reasons??

Thanks ;)

Just getting ready to upgrade to HD package / 722. Just so I know I'm getting the 'latest' equipment, what model should the dish itself be? Right now I've got a (Dish-500), which I know has to be changed, but is the model (Dish-1000) the latest, or is there a model even above that now??

Also, if the 722 is the ONLY receiver in my house will I be charged a 'lease fee' for that? How much?? I come from way back when there was no 'fee' for a primary receiver and ONLY on any additional receivers one might add.

Lastly, I'm going to run a new coax feed into the house, and I've got some RG6 Quad sheild rated for 2300 mhz .... is this still good enough or should I run 3000 mhz for possible 'future' reasons??

Thanks ;)

1000.2 for the western arc and 1000.4 for the eastern arc are the latest one-dish solutions.

No fee for the first receiver. I'd run the higher swept cable myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)