Quit Dish and Now have Direct TV Yahoo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Winston2000

Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay area
I quit Dish for three reasons. 1. No more AMC. 2. No 3D 3. Cant record enought shows at the same time.

I got it installed yesterday and it seems great so far. Got to watch a bit of the Winter X-Games in 3D last night. I have one HR34 One HR24 and three H24's. Kids are upset about the Viacom thing though.:( I wish you could pause live tv on the H24's.

Welcome to DIrectv :)

Yeah the 5 tuner receiver kicks major butt. Don't worry about Viacom. DIrectv has a good track record of getting the channels back soon. We lost WGN in April for like 3 days (before the Cubs opener)

:welcome to Directv and wish you luck and Directv has good luck in getting contract issues resolved :)

The OP's subject line piqued my curiosity - I thought DirecTV had entered into some type of arrangement with Yahoo - as opposed to Google, Bing, etc.

Eric

I quit Dish for three reasons. 1. No more AMC. 2. No 3D 3. Cant record enought shows at the same time.

I got it installed yesterday and it seems great so far. Got to watch a bit of the Winter X-Games in 3D last night. I have one HR34 One HR24 and three H24's. Kids are upset about the Viacom thing though.:( I wish you could pause live tv on the H24's.

When you start watching a live program on your H24, hit "record" then go to "list" and select the program. Now you can pause, etc as you wish.

Why would someone want to get an HR34 AND an HR24? Besides the extra record-able tuners of course, what advantage is there to just having one HR34?

Also, how much did the OP pay when he signed up? I'm under the impression that it's $100 up front to get the HR34 as opposed to the HR24, but what if you get both?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)