Thinking of getting Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhlaw

Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Louisville,ky
Hello,

I am new to these forums and I am probably going to ask some questions covered before so I will apologize in advance.

I am considering getting directv and I would like some info from you folks, anytime I talk to directv I think they tell only tell me what I want to hear.

1 Do I have to have more than one coax cable ran to my box in order to watch and record multiple shows ?

2 Do I still have to be connected by a phone line for payper views and NFL Sunday ticket ?

3 I was told by a sales rep at my local Best Buy that with directv you can now connect your tv wirelessly without using a coax cable, sounds fish
to me do you know if this is correct ?

I was given bad info from directv once upon a time and had to fight them tooth and nail to not pay their cancellation fee and I do not want to go throught that again.

Thanks
Dave

welcome :wave

1. in most cases NO. If you have HD Directv uses what they call single wire multiswitch...it is one line from the dish to a splitter (specialized) then one cable to each receiver regardless of tuners. I had 2 R22's (dual tuner DVR's) and a H23 (single HD receiver) and only needed 3 lines from the splitter
2. nope. not needed. Mine is hooked up to internet for video on demand and youtube
3. nope. Still need a cable

One thing to note on the equipment. GET WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU NEED. You get the best deals as a new sub versus getting a SD receiver then 3 months down the road you get a HDTV and want HD on it.

Here is the upcoming promos...you might want to wait a week to get on the newest promo
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/288442-new-directv-promo-starting-july-19th.html

Hello,

I am new to these forums and I am probably going to ask some questions covered before so I will apologize in advance.

I am considering getting directv and I would like some info from you folks, anytime I talk to directv I think they tell only tell me what I want to hear.

1 Do I have to have more than one coax cable ran to my box in order to watch and record multiple shows ?
One cable
2 Do I still have to be connected by a phone line for payper views and NFL Sunday ticket ?
Your actually connected to broadband internet by the installer. If you do not have internet, then you can connect to the phone line. If you don't have a home phone, then you can order PPV over the phone with a small ordering fee. Sunday Ticket does require a phone or broadband connection, or you may be limited to one television that you can get the NFL package on.
3 I was told by a sales rep at my local Best Buy that with directv you can now connect your tv wirelessly without using a coax cable, sounds fish
to me do you know if this is correct ?
NOT CORRECT. Could technically be done if you had an HR34 and a Smart TV, but generally speaking you will need to be wired

I was given bad info from directv once upon a time and had to fight them tooth and nail to not pay their cancellation fee and I do not want to go throught that again.

Thanks
Dave[/QUOTE]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts