Quotes used on Criminal Minds

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
One of my favorite things I love about Criminal Minds is the use of timely and fitting quotes during what I consider to be the show's epilogue. Besides serial killing, I find these quotes often apply equally well to marriage, family, and the workplace. For example, I used the following quote when discussing family comittments with my wife, and I was showered with love and affection. Who would have thought Criminal Minds would give inspiration to relationships with family, friends and coworkers.:rolleyes:

"Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold." ~ Andre Maurois

"In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." ~ Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." ~ George Chakiris

"I'm not sure about automobiles...With all their speed forward, they may be a step backward in civilization." ~ Booth Tarkington

"It will become fine dust over all the land of Egypt, and will become boils breaking out with sores on man and beast through all the land of Egypt." ~ Exodus 9:9

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." ~ Hellen

"If there were no hell, we would be like the animals. No hell, no dignity." ~ Flannery O'Conner

"A weak man has doubts before a decision, a stong man has them afterwards." ~ Karl Kraus

"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical." ~ Blaise Pascal

"I have always found that mercy bears richer fruit than strict justice." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"There is no lasting hope in violence, only temporary relief from hopelessness." ~ Kingman Brewster

"These violent delights have violent ends." ~ William Shakespeare

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee..." ~ Matthew 5:29

"Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the Messenger of Death will not be able to touch you." ~ Guru Nanak

"In all the darkest pages of the malign supernatural there is no more terrible tradition than that of the Vampire, a pariah even among demons." ~ Montague Summers

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." ~ Cyril Connolly

"Man usually avoids attributing cleverness to somebody else unless it is an enemy." ~ Albert Einstein

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

"So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty." ~ Haniel Long

"It's love that makes the world go round. If that is true, then this world must have spun a little bit faster with Haley in it." ~ W.S. Gilbert

"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure." ~ Tacitus

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love." ~ Washington Irving

"Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness, possesses you. And in this materialistic age, a great many of us are possessed by our possessions." ~ Mildred Lisette Norman

"In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate." ~ Isaac Asimov

"Life is a game, play it....Life is too precious, do not destroy it." ~Mother Teresa

"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn." ~C.S. Lewis

"If I am what I have, and if I lose what I have, who then am I?" ~Erich Fromm

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." ~Sir Walter Scott

"Show me a hero, and I will write you a tragedy." ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

"When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when his son gives to his father, both cry." ~William Shakespeare

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all." ~Emily Dickinson

"We're all sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life." ~Tennessee Williams

"The family is a haven in a heartless world." ~Christopher Lasch

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." ~Mother Teresa

"A lions work hours are only when he's hungry; once he's satisfied, the predator and prey live peacefully together." ~Chuck Jones

"Many persons have the wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness...is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose." ~Helen Keller

"A sincere artist tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing." ~William Dobell

"I have seen children successfully surmount the effects of an evil inheritance. That is due to purity being an inherent attribute of the soul." ~Mohandas Gandhi

"Nature, in her most dazzling aspects or stupendous parts, is but the background and theater of the tragedy of man." ~John Morley

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~Ralph W. Sockman

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place." ~George Bernard Shaw

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." ~Eric Schmidt

"And out of the darkness came the hands that reached through nature molding men." ~Alfred Lord Tennison

Last edited:
Quotes from episode: 7 October 2009

"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical." ~ Blaise Pascal

"I have always found that mercy bears richer fruit than strict justice." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quotes from 14 October 2009: Hopeless

"There is no lasting hope in violence, only temporary relief from hopelessness." ~ Kingman Brewster

"These violent delights have violent ends." ~ William Shakespeare

Quotes from 11 November 2009: The Performer

"In all the darkest pages of the malign supernatural there is no more terrible tradition than that of the Vampire, a pariah even among demons." ~ Montague Summers

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." ~ Cyril Connolly

Quotes from 25 November 2009: 100

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

"So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty." ~ Haniel Long

And a depressing episode at that. But good quotes.

Well look at it this way. He no longer has to pay child support and or alimony. He gets his kid and no more bickering with his ex wife. Now he has to find a Nanny. Super Nanny? Where is she when you need her ?

Quotes from 9 December 2009: The Slave of Duty

"It's love that makes the world go round. If that is true, then this world must have spun a little bit faster with Haley in it." ~ W.S. Gilbert

"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quotes from 16 December 2009: Relatiation

"Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure." ~ Tacitus

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love." ~ Washington Irving

Quotes from 13 January 2010: The Uncanny Valley

"Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness, possesses you. And in this materialistic age, a great many of us are possessed by our possessions." ~ Mildred Lisette Norman

"In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate." ~ Isaac Asimov

George Bush quote??

I was watching an episode the other night - I have no idea what season it was from - and the quote at the end was one about family.. being important or something along those lines and I swear it was by George Bush but I can't find it anywhere. I didn't know if anyone knew which one I'm thinking about?? (I know there are a lot of quotes - sorry)

Quotes from 20 January 2010: Risky Business

"Life is a game, play it....Life is too precious, do not destroy it." ~Mother Teresa

"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn." ~C.S. Lewis

Quotes from 3 February 2010: Parasite

"If I am what I have, and if I lose what I have, who then am I?" ~Erich Fromm

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." ~Sir Walter Scott

I was watching an episode the other night - I have no idea what season it was from - and the quote at the end was one about family.. being important or something along those lines and I swear it was by George Bush but I can't find it anywhere. I didn't know if anyone knew which one I'm thinking about?? (I know there are a lot of quotes - sorry)
Did you watch this show on CBS or A&E?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts