Status
Please reply by conversation.

goondog71

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Massachusetts
HI all.

I have a R-15 and this is my first DVR. The DVR erased two shows that I had taped. Both were shows that I am saving the season (season Pass). Basicly the DVR deleted the show that I had viewed when it recorded the next showing of the season. It is forcing me to set the shows to "keep". At this time I still have over 90% availablity on the harddrive.

Is this normal for a DVR/Tivo or is this a bug?

Thanks

I am not sure of the exact nature of your problem as I am a TiVo user however maybe if I explain some things it could help. When you set a season pass it asks you how many shows to automatically "keep" so for instance if you tell it to keep only one then it will automatically delete the show when the next one records. You can override this by permanently saving the episode then the next one records it will keep that episode and record a new one. Now on a TiVo you have to make sure when you set up the season pass you select "keep until space needed" if you are only keeping one episode because if you select "keep until I delete" it will record only one episode and then you will have to delete it for another one to record. I know this sounds confusing but I hope it helps some.

With the R15 it will automatically delete either a viewed, or the oldest show (not exactly sure which). So if you want to keep more than 5 shows, I would select to keep all, then you can go through and select the ones you want to delete.

The r-15 has many bugs, this being one of them. even though you tell it to keep it will erase it when a new one gets recorded. Now this does not happen all the time but most of the time...

Seeing you have a R15 please don't insult TiVo by calling it a TiVo it definitely is not programmed by TiVo. It is an attempt by Directv to copy DISH Network and produce their own DVR so they can keep the profits of the DVR fee. So far it is as buggy as a DISH Network DVR. If you want a good DVR buy a R10 which is still a TiVo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts