SubChannels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robbiee19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Hilliard, OH
Just wondering will D* be giving the sub-channels that I get OTA. Like on my PBS channel I get a total of 3 channels (i.e. two sub's with the main). On my NBC I get the Weather Plus 4-2. Plus when March Maddness comes my CBS station put's up 4 channels that show's differents games which is great!

Thanks

robbiee19 said:
Just wondering will D* be giving the sub-channels that I get OTA. Like on my PBS channel I get a total of 3 channels (i.e. two sub's with the main). On my NBC I get the Weather Plus 4-2. Plus when March Maddness comes my CBS station put's up 4 channels that show's differents games which is great!
Thanks

The H20 receiver has a an OTA connection in the back, so even if you upgrade to the H20/5-LNB to get your locals in HD, you should be able to pull multicasted stations in via the antenna.

I understand I will still have the OTA option. Just trying to see if I will have to keep the antenna or not. Also have to wait for the HD local because I live in Columbus, OH which is 32 on the list I think, so a little bit of a wait.

They will be lucky to have enough space to carry the HD LiL's and basic packages let alone the sub channels.

Stargazer said:
They will be lucky to have enough space to carry the HD LiL's and basic packages let alone the sub channels.

Actually, space won't be the issue. D* will have bandwidth for 1500 locals--since sub chans have to fit in the same space as the main channel, they will have room for the subs as well.

BTW, the last number I heard was there were about 635 main hd channels, so there should be lots of room.

Now if they do not carry subs, there is a weird possibility that could occur. D* could end up with better PQ than OTA--if a heavily squished OTA channel is sent minimally compressed via fibre to D* and D* doesn't overcompress it when they send it to us. Imagine D* with better PQ than OTA! (Ok, so I don't really think it will happen, but I guess anything is possible. :) )

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts