Question regarding Directv local subchannels l

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I believe I know the answer to this one but I'll ask it anyhow, how does one get local subchannels with Directv?

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I believe I know the answer to this one but I'll ask it anyhow, how does one get local subchannels with Directv?

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the SatelliteGuys app!
You don't through Directv, but you may be able to get them with the AM21 ota tuner module. It has limited capacity for sub channels though. You are better off using the tuner in your tv.

you contact the channel, ask them to contact directv about carriage
That's not going to make any difference. Locals are only carried under the must carry rules. I've never heard of a local channel carried just because customers wanted it.

If you're speaking of secondary OTA subchannels, DIRECTV won't carry those at all unless one of the big 4 networks are broadcast on them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

You don't through Directv, but you may be able to get them with the AM21 ota tuner module. It has limited capacity for sub channels though. You are better off using the tuner in your tv.

Or he could get one of the TiVo DVRs for OTA or one of the many other DVR brands that also do OTA.

Reactions: Jimbo
I put up a Costco UHF antenna in my window and it's able to pull several of my local subs in with varying quality. My home is in a hole surronded by hills. A neighbor of my in a worse location (lower than me) said he's getting good reception with an outdoor antenna. I almost never need to watch them, but if I do, I just select the TV input rather than the HDMI input for my DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts