Remote Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Richfunb

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I received the new Guide download at 2am yesterday for my HR44-200 receiver. Later in the morning when I attempted to turn on the receiver, the remote would not work for the receiver buttons, but did work for all the TV functions such as volume, etc. I turned on the receiver manually and received a message that the receiver was in power saving mode due to 4 hours of inactivity. I did a red button reset on the receiver and afterwards the remote worked perfectly for all the receiver buttons.

I figured that this was some kind of quirk related to the download and after watching TV for a few hours, turned off the TV and made sure the receiver was also off.

Today when I turned on the TV, once again the remote would not work for the receiver and when I turned on the receiver manually, again got the message that it was in power saving mode after 4 hours of inactivity(?). I did the red button reset again and again the remote now worked perfectly.

Has anyone else heard of this issue? I've had DirecTV for 22 years and never experienced this kind of problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I haven't heard about the remote issue, but the power saving mode has cropped up once in a while on my system.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I received the new Guide download at 2am yesterday for my HR44-200 receiver. Later in the morning when I attempted to turn on the receiver, the remote would not work for the receiver buttons, but did work for all the TV functions such as volume, etc. I turned on the receiver manually and received a message that the receiver was in power saving mode due to 4 hours of inactivity. I did a red button reset on the receiver and afterwards the remote worked perfectly for all the receiver buttons.

I figured that this was some kind of quirk related to the download and after watching TV for a few hours, turned off the TV and made sure the receiver was also off.

Today when I turned on the TV, once again the remote would not work for the receiver and when I turned on the receiver manually, again got the message that it was in power saving mode after 4 hours of inactivity(?). I did the red button reset again and again the remote now worked perfectly.

Has anyone else heard of this issue? I've had DirecTV for 22 years and never experienced this kind of problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Try turning the Power Saver feature off and see if that might be doing it. (that feature has only been around for about 4 years)

Richfunb

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I just turned off the power saving option and we will see what happens in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion Jimbo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.