Remote Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I received the new Guide download at 2am yesterday for my HR44-200 receiver. Later in the morning when I attempted to turn on the receiver, the remote would not work for the receiver buttons, but did work for all the TV functions such as volume, etc. I turned on the receiver manually and received a message that the receiver was in power saving mode due to 4 hours of inactivity. I did a red button reset on the receiver and afterwards the remote worked perfectly for all the receiver buttons.

I figured that this was some kind of quirk related to the download and after watching TV for a few hours, turned off the TV and made sure the receiver was also off.

Today when I turned on the TV, once again the remote would not work for the receiver and when I turned on the receiver manually, again got the message that it was in power saving mode after 4 hours of inactivity(?). I did the red button reset again and again the remote now worked perfectly.

Has anyone else heard of this issue? I've had DirecTV for 22 years and never experienced this kind of problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I haven't heard about the remote issue, but the power saving mode has cropped up once in a while on my system.

I received the new Guide download at 2am yesterday for my HR44-200 receiver. Later in the morning when I attempted to turn on the receiver, the remote would not work for the receiver buttons, but did work for all the TV functions such as volume, etc. I turned on the receiver manually and received a message that the receiver was in power saving mode due to 4 hours of inactivity. I did a red button reset on the receiver and afterwards the remote worked perfectly for all the receiver buttons.

I figured that this was some kind of quirk related to the download and after watching TV for a few hours, turned off the TV and made sure the receiver was also off.

Today when I turned on the TV, once again the remote would not work for the receiver and when I turned on the receiver manually, again got the message that it was in power saving mode after 4 hours of inactivity(?). I did the red button reset again and again the remote now worked perfectly.

Has anyone else heard of this issue? I've had DirecTV for 22 years and never experienced this kind of problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Try turning the Power Saver feature off and see if that might be doing it. (that feature has only been around for about 4 years)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)