Yes, DirecTV subscribers can get local digital subchannels. Here’s how.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
But it's all a moot point unless you have an AM 21 or one can risk a stroke explaining to a wife how to change input, etc. (I'm speaking of nobody in particular :no).

Reactions: c-spand
But it's all a moot point unless you have an AM 21 or one can risk a stroke explaining to a wife how to change input, etc. (I'm speaking of nobody in particular :no).

All signs point to the LCC currently being tested by Directv being much better supported than the AM21 was, so the situation will soon be better than it has been since the H20 & HR20 were the state of the art. Arguably better, in fact, since a lot of the ATSC channels were low power back then and they were conspicuous in their lack of an NTSC tuner. In fact, I think it is too bad the LCC doesn't (as far as we know) support NTSC in case someone wanted to insert a modulated channel for e.g. a camera by the front door, though I suppose these days most people would view it on their phone.

Reactions: RichManitoba
There is a screen shot out there on the ChipSet used for the LCC.
It is the same chip as that used by Dishes OTA tuner AND AirTV (owned by Dish) Tuner.
It is also the same shape as the Dish version.
Difference is you need to bring your own USB power as the Directv Box does not give enough so plug it into a power USB hub.
There is a chance the Dish version might work on the Directv box, but just a chance.
Just an idea. . .

If they changed the Device ID codes Hex codes to make it custom or the model it will not work.
Worth a try if any one has an old Dish or AirTV tuner around.

Must have HR54 or 44. THey tried the HS17 but it did not work on the LCC yet, but there is a new nation wide update going this week so maybe the driver is there now, we are not sure as those testing are under NDAs and cant talk.

If someone in the Dish forum here has their OTA adapter they should be able to plug it into a PC and look at device manager to see what USB ID it has. The Directv receiver reports the USB device ID in the info screen which someone posted on dbstalk so you could compare it and see if they are the same. If so, there's a good chance the Dish tuner would work in a Directv receiver (but if the Dish tuner expects USB power from the receiver you'd have to use a powered USB hub as mentioned)

If Directv has the Device ID string changed to something with 'Directv' in it and checks that, then even if they have the same USB ID it wouldn't work in the Directv receiver. FWIW, the AM21 had 'Directv off-air tuner' something like that in its Device ID string, which is why I think it is possible they could have done the same with the LCC. That way people won't try to substitute an "identical" product that may have different firmware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts