R10 DVR - Record Lose Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsspaedt

Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
I just installed a R10 DirecTV DVR and Installed a multiswitch so I can get this to work as a dual tunner. I have a OVAL 3 Satellite and the setup went fine. When I go to record channels example 206-espn and then proceed to my local channels...the screen displays I have to call customer service to active the service for these channels. Before recording anything though I do have all channels that I would expect to have with my subscription. My Satellite signal strength is fine. I've done a complete system restore and still have the problem. I'm wondering if I set something up wrong with the multiswitch. 2 satellite cables coming into the multiswich and two going to the receiver. Any ideas? I'm basically in a state where if I decide to record - I lose my locals unless I'm actually recording the local channel.

No Locals

Tivo is active or I wouldn't be able to record. Problem is soon as I record a non-local channel I lose my local channels service.

Locals gone after recording

Yes...Called Them. I've given up and I'm having them send someone out. I was hoping someone experienced something similiar that I would consider trying tonight.

"I have a OVAL 3 Satellite..."
"I'm wondering if I set something up wrong with the multiswitch. 2 satellite cables coming into the multiswich and two going to the receiver."

It appears that you do not have all 4 cables going into your multiswitch, or you are using an incorrect (ie, not multi-satellite capable) multiswitch with your setup. If your locals are on 119 or 110, this would explain your problem.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts