R10 has weak signal on 101?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Buji

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Hey y'all, I'm hoping someone here has an idea how to help:

I got a new r10 for my garage for christmas, and I've had a devil of a time getting it hooked up so far.

This is replacing a Phillips DSX5500 which has been working fine on the same cable for over a year, but when I go to install the r10, I don't get a good signal lock on 101, specifically on the evens. Odd's fluctuate as well, but not as much.

My initial steps inclulded taking it to another drop in the house where it did the same thing, and so I concluded that it was a bad reciever. I took it back and had it exchanged.

The new new reciever does the same thing. So I concluded that the r10s must be picky about signal (the other drop I tried was also very far from my multiswitch).
This is running off of a 5x8 multiswitch, and I've even tried re-cabling the run and I also tried an inline amplifier (24db RCA d309) which didn't do anything at all except make the signals slightly worse.

I have tried running a straight replacement cable, and that doesn't seem to affect it. Is there a compatibility issue between my Multiswitch and my R10 (that doesn't exist with my old phillips STB??)

If I put the old Phillips back on, it locks on no problem, but I just can't get the r10 to do it.

Any ideas? I've been working on this on and off for about a month and I'm getting pretty peeved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)