R15 is dead......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
I have an R15-500 dvr that took a crap. It tells me it has a hardware failure and to call D* and give them code 774. I have tried the rbr and unplugging it with no luck. My question is do you think they would exchange this for a standard HD receiver instead? I don’t need a dvr in the bedroom but I would like to get an HDTV in there at some point. I assume even though I only have a non HD TV in the bedroom could I still use an HD stb. I do have the protection plan if that matters.

If you already have an H2x or HR2x series device (or were installed in the last year or so), you may be able to swing a discounted upgrade. If you don't, then a quick swap is unlikely as they are probably going to have to upgrade your dish.

They have me reformatting the hard drive as we speak. I forgot with my currant TV I would be unable to connect an HD box because I only have a 75ohm coax input.

Just an update. I asked if they could send me a standard (non dvr)HD receiver and he put me on hold for 5 min and came back and said it would cost $229. $99 for the receiver, $29.95 handling fee and $100 for instalation:confused:. He could not understand why he could not remove the instalation fee since i already have HD service and a 5lnb dish. I said just send me a replacment for my R15. I will tackle the receiver in a couple of months when I get my HDTV for the bedroom.

Well I received my new box and they sent me a brand new R22 (HD DVR) instead of an R15 (DVR) to replace my defective one. Now what? Am I able to keep this one and send back the R15?

Its a R22 a SDDVR it looks like a HDDVR, smells like one and talks like one but isnt. yes you need to send the R15 back or they will charge you for it, there should be a return sticker somewhere on the box.

Haven't hooked it up yet. Will be doing it this weekend. I still need to pick up an RF modulator (old TV) or convince the wife to get a new TV:p.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)