R15 probs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greenwater

Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I'm on my 3rd R15 since about Christmas. My old Sony T60 finally bit the dust when a wind storm and associated electrical problems toasted it. Anyway, have been having lots of problems with the DVR. DTV keeps sending me re-furbed -300 or -500 models. Right now, when I try to fast forward through a show that has been on pause for a while, it will move forward a minute or two, then back up and repeat. If I increase the FF speed it will get through it. I also find the remote incredibly slow and unresponsive compared to my old Sony. Are there alternatives out there? I'm so frustrated I'm about to call Dish.

I'm on my 3rd R15 since about Christmas. My old Sony T60 finally bit the dust when a wind storm and associated electrical problems toasted it. Anyway, have been having lots of problems with the DVR. DTV keeps sending me re-furbed -300 or -500 models. Right now, when I try to fast forward through a show that has been on pause for a while, it will move forward a minute or two, then back up and repeat. If I increase the FF speed it will get through it. I also find the remote incredibly slow and unresponsive compared to my old Sony. Are there alternatives out there? I'm so frustrated I'm about to call Dish.

I have to use 3ffwd to get past the back up repeat on all of my R15's. The R15 is just a terrible product.

Hello, on my R15 receiver I have seen an issue with trying to Fastforward and Rewind. I have had issue sometimes where it freezes and the system to appears to lock up. What software version do you have on the receiver current? Have you tried doing a hard reset of the box, like leaving unplugged from its power for more that 2 mins? Another suggest that I have is try reset the remote. Which in order to do that you can remove the batteries from the remote. Once that is done then hold down the #1 button on the remote for about 10 secs and then reinsert the batteries. I do know that there is an issue using the funciton of ff/rr/pause on your dvr.

I'm having the same problem with mine. I bought it from Robert in 2005 when they first came out and it worked fine until about 3 or 4 months ago then it all went to hell. Now I can't watch any pre-recorded programming for more than an hour at most without it freezing and requring a hard reset(either a unplug and replug or even a remap through the menu). I thought the Motorola 6412 from Comcast was bad until this dvr started going to sh*t on me now this takes the crown as the worst dvr possible and i pay $6 or $7 a month for this? Plus if i call them they might tell me I don't even own it because my account went past due a few times so apparently they tookover ownership of al my equipment now even though I paid for it before? How do I get the R15 to work like it's supposed to or should I sell it on ebay and buy another dvr?

As long as it's a leased unit D* should pay for everything.I don't see a problem.:confused: :welcome

Your only other choices buy a D*DVR/Tivo from Ebay.Try going to the HR20.Or call DISH.Good Luck!:hatsoff:

P.S. My R15 install is tomorrow.:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts