R15 Reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Makemymarc

Original poster
May 18, 2010
Virginia
Any suggestions would be aprreciated, my R15 Reciever looks like it is stuck in record mode. None of the connections have been changed for over a year, found it with the record light on but when I turned the tv back on screen was blank and reciever was stuck. I unplugged it for a 15 minutes or so to reset it record light came back on but not the power light, when I press the red reset button on the front the record light goes out and the power light will barely flicker. Is the reciever toast or what? Is there any way to save everything on my recorded list?

Unplugging is about as good as it gets in terms of clearing cobwebs. Have you tried the reset button inside the access card door?

You might also want to make sure that the remote is out of sight (a very long stretch).

If you can't clear this condition, it is a pretty good bet that all recordings are lost. DIRECTV doesn't repair receivers.

Any suggestions would be aprreciated, my R15 Reciever looks like it is stuck in record mode. None of the connections have been changed for over a year, found it with the record light on but when I turned the tv back on screen was blank and reciever was stuck. I unplugged it for a 15 minutes or so to reset it record light came back on but not the power light, when I press the red reset button on the front the record light goes out and the power light will barely flicker. Is the reciever toast or what? Is there any way to save everything on my recorded list?

It sounds like it's toast, if unplugging it didn't reset it. Your recordings are most likely gone. The only way to get them back is if you can get the dvr working again. The good news is that Directv will replace it for free. If you have the protection plan there is no shipping charge, without the plan, you will have to pay $19.95 shipping. If they do replace it, make sure they don't extend your commitment if you have one. Replacing defective equipment never extends a commitment.

The same thing happened to my R15 about six months ago. After talking to CSR at DirecTV they decided it was toast and to swap it out. Got the refurb unit in three days.

bob

The same thing happened to my R15 about six months ago. After talking to CSR at DirecTV they decided it was toast and to swap it out. Got the refurb unit in three days.

bob

The same thing happened to my R15 model back on June 1 or 2. Got a replacement sent out to me and installed on June 10. Now it is July 7 and that replacement model has bit the dust. I think the R15 models are shoddy. My parents have a different model and they have not had any problems with it. I have another earlier version model that is at least 7 years old (non DVR) and it has been doing fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts