R15 Remote question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Does anyone know what the Format button on the remote is for? Sorry for being dumb but in the manual doesn't show that button...

Does anyone know what the Format button on the remote is for? Sorry for being dumb but in the manual doesn't show that button...

As for as the R15 is concerned, it does nothing. The RC23 remote also has codes for HD sat receivers and HD tv's, they use the format key.

Thanks... heres another question... I have a Sony Wega, when I turn off the TV with the remote the R15 always goes off..now I know I can slide the button to TV then power off but I am worried my wife will forget that step and I will miss something I wanted taped.... Anyone have an idea??

It's actually better to turn the R15 off when your not watching it , It does housekeeping when it's off.

It's actually better to turn the R15 off when your not watching it , It does housekeeping when it's off.

What about updates, will it update when off? I notice I haven't got the new update yet..

Yes it will update when turned off. In fact, it will probably get the update quicker when in standby.

I have not gotten the new update either, but all my DVRs so far have been in standby when they got their updages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)