R15 Software Woes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

finnemga

Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Can anyone direct me to a location where I can download a harddrive image for the R15 operating software? My R15 had a hard disk partitioning error which meant that it went off to la-la land when the disk filled up to that point. Of course, it was beyond warranty by the time this happened. I've fixed the partitioning problem but lost the OS on the disk. How can I get my hands on the OS???

Much obliged.
TexasType

finnemga said:
Can anyone direct me to a location where I can download a harddrive image for the R15 operating software? My R15 had a hard disk partitioning error which meant that it went off to la-la land when the disk filled up to that point. Of course, it was beyond warranty by the time this happened. I've fixed the partitioning problem but lost the OS on the disk. How can I get my hands on the OS???

Much obliged.
TexasType

The OS isn't on the HDD with the R15. You'll just have to reformat. Down arrow+Rec on the box and hold it until the lights come on.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that. Has anyone ever published a Rosetta Stone for these Op Codes? I know there is a code to force a new software download. I probably will need that one as well as maybe others to recover from this. So the recorder holds the program in flash ROM or what?

To reformat:
1 press the red reset button,
2 Wait for the screen to go black after the screen saying "Almost there, a few more seconds"
3 When the screen goes black press the down arrow and the record botton on the front panel of the unit until the record light stays on.
That's it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)