Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
Hello all, its been a while since ive posted as ive been away from d* for quite some time now, currently employed by comcrap as a tech, but hey i just moved and didnt find their service worth having so i ordered directv!! onto my question, I have an HR24/H24/D12 that was installed, when the tech left i called up and added my cust owned r22-200 to the account as to not get charged for its "install" here in lies my problem, as a select few of you know im a former tech, so my house is nothing but wires, more wires, and wallfishes. I have all my receivers in closets, (the d12 is sitting on a shelf doing nothing right now) with everything hidden, and using rf remotes, (for the few techs that just went crazy, i have exhaust fans in every closet, this was done right.) point being, i have cat5 fished everywhere in this house, 2 to every room, 3 to some, and i have an 8port switch running off a 4pt router, with all d* equipment hardwired to the switch. My problem is the r22 will not pull any ips asides 169s no matter what i do. Ive read and researched that sometimes the ports "swap around" after downloads, so i tried them both resetting every time. Still no ip. I called directv up, not sure why as i knew id get nowhere, and was told run deca, we dont support hardwire. Thats crazy to me. There has to be something im missing, unless the receiver is shot. Ideas?

bump, still not pulling ip address on the r22, gonna try a ce download tomorrow, any other thoughts? Ive gone as far as defining a specific ip address and gateway and such in the advanced settings, then created that in my router for the box. I can connect to the network that way, but not the internet. No MRV. Anyone.. Help?

last bump, lots of views but no replys other than my own. I cant seem to get this to pull an ip from my network at all. When I define the IP it connects to the network but not the internet, to reiterate, the ethernet cable works fine in my tv for netflix, and my pc for internet, so its not a bad cable. Im about to give up and buy an owned hr24 off ebay. Any final thoughts? Could the deca stuff actually make a difference? the other receivers are hardwired and work fine. I see no reason why I should NEED to use the deca.

I wish I could help. I have 2 R22's but no MRV setup (since the only HD receiver is the H23...the R22's only have HD because of the H23) but both of mine can conect to the internet just fine.

stupid question but did you try both ethernet ports? I think the top one is the one to use

Yea, I've tried both ports, each will only pull a 169 ip unless I enter one manually, if I enter it manually I don't get internet conneectivity. I read on the other site tht sometimes the ports switch around so I specifically tried both. No luck.

All right, plan b perhaps, I'm going to hook up the decay stuff and give that a shot, but if it doesn't work, and I have to call d* for a replacement box, since this is an owned r22 I got off eBay, will they replace it with another r22 and change the rid to owned? It doesn't seem right that they would change an owned box to a leased box.

Ok I'm at a total loss..... Deca installed and magically my r22 decides to grab an ip address. Internet/mrv working fine.. go figure... So my hr24/h24 are hardwired and worked just fine, but the r22 NEEDS deca???? Wtf??? Now to see if I can yank the Ethernet cables from the 24series.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)