Retention deals if cancel 2 months early

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tydoggg

Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
IN
I am 22 months into a 24 month DIRECTV contract but am considering switching to another provider soon due to a good deal.

If I was to call and discuss cancellation with a very small amount of time left on the contract, would I still receive retention deals?

I have not requested or gotten any free upgrades, credits, or discounts since signing up fall 2009.

Honestly, if they're going to lose you to another service provider, I don't see why they'd even consider giving you a break. If it were me, I'd just wait out the two months. No doubt the "other guy" will be making the same deals then too.

My experience while I was out of contract without mentioning that I would leave was muck better than to make the threat. It seemed that as I asked for something D* would review the account then more or less grant some pretty cool deals. The last being an upgrade to a HDDVR, they run for $200, well although I have a new contract, that unit was priced down to $50 and no shipping. Each account is unique, but threating to go elsewhere may leave ya with nothing!:eek:

We just left Directv (since 2004) for Comcast this week. I've been running them both for two weeks now and just pulled the plug on Directv.

They offered us a $200 bill credit and $25 off per month for a year. Comcast was still cheaper. I'm sure at some point we will return to Directv we were happy with the service but pricing is getting high and they have been slow to add hd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)