Radio Channel Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had to manually input those radio stations on my satworks 3618

OK, I will see if I can figure out how to add the info. I think I just go in and manually add the TP and the info. So once in, I should have a few more audios?

Larry
Those channels are on second audio of a few channels.

They’re all on the 11800 transpdoner…I think its
KTVC
KYPX
One other

Just select the channel and see if there is a 2nd language button. I’m not near my recever so I can’t check

Iceberg, now I remember why I had to manually enter those channels, the satworks 3618 doesnt have a second audio function.

When I scanned G10r for radio, KEXP came up on its own (as "Radio 1" I think - great station, BTW), but everything else came up as a 2nd audio channel of another station. KQUP, KMQF were two, but check out 11800 and you should find them. They're mostly local classic rock and country stations, if I remember.

I scanned some extra channels with the 3618, then went into edit channels, entered all zeros for the video and entered the audio pid. This will give you a black screen, but with music. I also edited in the call letters and what satellite they were on.

glad it worked out for ya :)

As Jim noted, you can manually add them in so you get a black screen but the audio

Diamond Jim said:
I scanned some extra channels with the 3618, then went into edit channels, entered all zeros for the video and entered the audio pid. This will give you a black screen, but with music. I also edited in the call letters and what satellite they were on.

Not to sound dumb, but you entered 0's in the VPID entry?

If so, that would be the thing to do. It was hard listening to the 2nd audio while Jerry Springer was on :)

The Traxis DBS-3500 uses 8191 as the default video PID,
followed by the audio PID, when manually inputting radio stations.
(Or you can use the video PID with accompanying video if the picture of the TV station that it piggybacks is desired).

Mike

OK, I manually put in the 2nd audio radio channels under the "RADIO" catagory. I have the receivers background displayed instead of the video. I have 4 total radio stations. I notice the signal on one is 80%. Thanks for all the help!

Yes it is! I don't suppose you know how to turn off that cheesey background the Fortec displays on radio channels do you? The flute/sheet music and coffee doesn't go to well with Nirvana or Lynryd Skynryd :)

Last edited:
Trying to figure it out myself :D

My Pansat shows the info bar at the bottom the whole time which drives me nuts. Black screen on radio channels manufacturers…no goofy graphics

I need to listen to the stations and ID them so that I can program the call letter into the ch memory. Man o man is this ever cool :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)