Radio Channel Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I haven't looked into this and don't know if there is a Y audio cable available off the shelf, but that could be a potential solution. what I am thinking is to use a Y cable and have the receiver hooked up both to the TV and a stereo amp/rcvr. then, when listening to radio, just turn off the TV and have the stereo on. I'll be attacking this project next week when I setup my digital satellite radio setup ;)
One thing that strikes me is that the noise from one amp might affect the other and the result would be humming or other noise. But if the circuits are properly isolated, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll know more soon....

They have a 6 foot cable that does that (one output to 2) and they have little "Y" cords (like 3" long so you need your own cables)

They don't interfere with each other. You can have the TV sound and the radio going :)

Iceberg said:
They have a 6 foot cable that does that (one output to 2) and they have little "Y" cords (like 3" long so you need your own cables)

They don't interfere with each other. You can have the TV sound and the radio going :)
They also have a basic splitter, maybe an inch and a half long, 1 male on one side and 2 females on the other.

Al

What I do is use output from the spdif and from the RCA audio outputs. SPDIF goes to my stereo reciever via the extigy, RCA goes to the audio input on my tv.

drhydro said:
What I do is use output from the spdif and from the RCA audio outputs. SPDIF goes to my stereo reciever via the extigy, RCA goes to the audio input on my tv.

that should be fine. I've done that (SPDIF to decoder, RCA to VCR)

I tried to manually enter the PIDS into the Fortec

If I do it as
0 video
XXX audio (whatever it is)
8191 PCR

and scan...it says it doesnt like it but hit "ok" and it will log under radio.

So I tried doing
8190 V (tried a few other numbers)
294 A
8191 PCR

and it logs under TV channels but has a ugly "No video Signal" box right in the middle of the screen.

I got it! I left it on the radio channel while listening to it, and after about a minute or two, (maybe not that long), the pic went away and all I had was a black screen and audio :) So I guess the key is don't turn the channel for awhile :)

iafirebuff said:
I got it! I left it on the radio channel while listening to it, and after about a minute or two, (maybe not that long), the pic went away and all I had was a black screen and audio :) So I guess the key is don't turn the channel for awhile :)

That is really good info! I'll have to try that :)
(I know my StarChoice setup when I'm on radio, shows the artist name & song for about 20-30 seconds then goes black too..)

[PIE]GOOD JOB IAFIRE!! Learned something new today[/PIE] :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)