Radio Stations Scan in as TV Signals on 99W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
When blind scanning 99W Ku, why are there 4 foreign radio stations that scan in as unscrambled TV signals on 11800 MHz along with Shalom TV. This is the only sat where I've seen this occur.

that is how the provider wants the channels to log.
nothing wrong in that. Smart idea honestly as maybe not everyone flips to the radio side to see those channels (I know I usually dont).

Also if you scan "TV only" it would show up.....otherwise it wouldnt

Some receivers can be fooled into listing a radio service as a TV service by editing the channel's PIDs and adding a video PID. Often a receiver will require the VPID actually exist on the transponder while others need pny a dummy number entered.

On GEOSATpro receivers, enter VPID 9901 for displaying the firmware imbedded JPEG 1 file, 9902 for JPEG 2, 9903 for JPEG 3, etc.

Nothing funny going on at 99W though -- those channels have a bona fide video stream attached, namely, the radio-mode screensaver of whatever receiver they're originally coming from.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts