RadioShack to offer only Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
RadioShack Corp., the third- largest U.S. electronics retailer, and Hughes Electronics Corp. said the two companies have agreed to stop selling the DirecTV satellite-television service in its stores.

RadioShack now will exclusively sell EchoStar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network service.

RadioShack was unable to effectively sell DirecTV's product in rural U.S. areas, DirecTV spokesman Bob Marsocci said.

For the entire article click here

I also noticed today that gateway is also selling Dish Network equipment as well...

http://www.gateway.com/home/ce/echostar.shtml

I was in a Radio Shack in a small town recently, one inside a hardware store, talking to the manager about a PVR for my father-in-law. That particular Radio Shack recently stopped dealing with DISH due to poor customer service and now handles only DirecTV. Fine with me, now Dad-in-law can switch to D* and get a DTivo instead of a DISH 510!

Good Riddens to RS

I fail to see what advantages the DISH has? They have no TIVO, poor customer service, and minimal exposure with Radio Shack and Sears...2 nobody HDTV retailers. I see D* the big winner here. Now if they can solve the broadband problems and get some On Demand service!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)