Rainbow 1- location 61.5?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
It's my understanding that the Voom sat is located at 61.5 degrees. I believe that this is the same location as one of the dish satellites at the same location. Is this true? If so, how does Voom cover the whole US from that location (it is pretty far east). I'm going to see a Voom dealer in the morning and would like to know what I am talking about in this area and what side of the house I need to find a location for the dish. Any help (quick) would be appreciated.. Thanks, Gerry

Voom doesn't really cover the WHOLE US from that location -- only covers those of us on the left coast lucky enough to have unrestricted visibility at a pretty low angle. Are you near the left coast?

If your computer has Java runtime, you can go here, click your location, and get an approximate azimuth and elevation for your location: http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/rain1.html

I am sure there are other sites that will give you a more accurate reading. Maybe somebody here will post one.

Good luck!!! :up

Thanks..

1080iBeVuMin said:
Voom doesn't really cover the WHOLE US from that location -- only covers those of us on the left coast lucky enough to have unrestricted visibility at a pretty low angle. Are you near the left coast?

If your computer has Java runtime, you can go here, click your location, and get an approximate azimuth and elevation for your location: http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/rain1.html

I am sure there are other sites that will give you a more accurate reading. Maybe somebody here will post one.

Good luck!!!

When you say left coast I assume that you are talking about the east coast as you "look down" from canada? I live in upstate NY. Again I assume it is at the same loc.. as the Dish satellite? Thanks Gerry

61.5 degrees is correct...

ggw2000 said:
It's my understanding that the Voom sat is located at 61.5 degrees. I believe that this is the same location as one of the dish satellites at the same location. Is this true? If so, how does Voom cover the whole US from that location (it is pretty far east). I'm going to see a Voom dealer in the morning and would like to know what I am talking about in this area and what side of the house I need to find a location for the dish. Any help (quick) would be appreciated.. Thanks, Gerry
Yes, it's at the same location. They cover the whole U.S. unless you live behind trees or buildings or in a hole or behind a mountain or ect., get the picture.
ggw2000 said:
When you say left coast I assume that you are talking about the east coast as you "look down" from canada? I live in upstate NY. Again I assume it is at the same loc.. as the Dish satellite? Thanks Gerry
From upstate N.Y., I would think it would be more south and a tad to the east. And your assumption is correct.

Yes...

It's the same location as the other one, roughly 176 Degrees on the compass and elevation is roughly a 36-37 in the albany area:D

Thanks guys!

It's the same location as the other one, roughly 176 Degrees on the compass and elevation is roughly a 36-37 in the albany area:D

Thanks for the responses! I thought it was at the same loc as the Dish one. I checked the Elevation on my Dish dish and it looks to be about 39 degrees and is about 185 degrees on the compass..

I signed up for Voom yesterday with a thursday install this week. Hope everything turns out well and Voom PQ is up to my expectations. Figured a $1 install with 6 month commit was worth it..

Again, thanks, Gerry

ps: On a different ?, why don't my "reply to quotes" show the quote being replied to as gray like everyone elses does?

ggw2000 said:
ps: On a different ?, why don't my "reply to quotes" show the quote being replied to as gray like everyone elses does?
Gerry, do you use the quick reply at the bottom of the page (probably), you should click on the "QUOTE" at the bottom right of the particular message, that should do the trick.

ggw2000 said:
why don't my "reply to quotes" show the quote being replied to as gray like everyone elses does?
You might have deleted the [/QUOTE] tag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts