Voom with a Dish dish pointed to 61.5?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times but i did a search and couldn't find anything. Currently I have Dish network and have a dish300 pointed at the sat at 61.5 to pickup CBSHD. I am using dishpro lnb with two outputs but am only using one of the two into a DP34 switch. Is it possible to use this DISH300 with Voom? I really don't want to put another dish up pointing at 61.5. Also I can not get ANY locals OTA where I live. Can that part of an install be left out and no 8PSK(?) tuner installled? Appreciate any advice in advance. I am getting tired of the lack of HD content on dish and am researching some ways to increase HD channels... Thanks Gerry

Yes, it is possible to take the output you are not using and directly connect it to the VOOM receiver. However, you will have to re-align your dishXXX to make sure that you can get both signals. I believe Ruldolph did this with his Dish Network dish. I think he did it with a dish 500 and don't know if a dish300 will make any difference. I do not think so. Correct me anybody if am not correct.

Btw, welcome.... :)

Any one else know anything about this?

Sean Mota said:
Yes, it is possible to take the output you are not using and directly connect it to the VOOM receiver. However, you will have to re-align your dishXXX to make sure that you can get both signals. I believe Ruldolph did this with his Dish Network dish. I think he did it with a dish 500 and don't know if a dish300 will make any difference. I do not think so. Correct me anybody if am not correct.

Btw, welcome.... :)

Thus anyone else have any experience of thoughts on this? Any inputs would be appreciated... Thanks, Gerry

Because the DishPro signal from the dish to the receiver is a stacked signal some type of destacker would be needed. I know somebody was going to try a dishpro legacy adapter to see if that would work. I haven't seen their answer.

Forgot to mention..

n0qcu said:
Because the DishPro signal from the dish to the receiver is a stacked signal some type of destacker would be needed. I know somebody was going to try a dishpro legacy adapter to see if that would work. I haven't seen their answer.

I forgot to mention (it's in the first post) that I have an extra output available on the DP Single on the dish300 and the cable is currently unused in my basement... gerry

Can you also use a DirecTV Dish to get Voom i have one and planning to get Voom also, or should i sale it a friend of mines said i could get 40 Dollars for the Dish could help me with my payment to Voom. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)