Rainbow Creates International Unit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. is expanding internationally, with plans to develop global channels and distribute programming around the world, officials said Wednesday.

The company is creating a new division, Rainbow International, which will be supervised by Rainbow Media senior vice president of business development Glenn Oakley, a Showtime Networks Inc. veteran.

The expansion into the international marketplace will focus on channel development and programming sales and licensing -- part of an effort to broaden the audience for Rainbow Networks’ original content, maximize the value of its brands and fill a large void in international content, especially in the area of HDTV programming, according to the company.

Rainbow Media recently began marketing Voom HD Networks, a suite of HDTV channels, to distributors in the United States.

“With Glenn leading us into the international marketplace, Rainbow International will bring extensive network-operation experience, vast programming assets and incredible stability to new global ventures,” Rainbow Media CEO Joshua Sapan said in a prepared statement.

“This is particularly exciting news for those in the HD space, where we are already hearing a tremendous excitement about Voom and our HD content,” he added. “Most important, Glenn will ensure the continued audience growth for each of Rainbow’s valuable brands.”

Rainbow Media is the parent of AMC, WE: Women’s Entertainment, The Independent Film Channel and Fuse

cablewithaview said:
Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. is expanding internationally, with plans to develop global channels and distribute programming around the world, officials said Wednesday.

The company is creating a new division, Rainbow International, which will be supervised by Rainbow Media senior vice president of business development Glenn Oakley, a Showtime Networks Inc. veteran.

The expansion into the international marketplace will focus on channel development and programming sales and licensing -- part of an effort to broaden the audience for Rainbow Networks’ original content, maximize the value of its brands and fill a large void in international content, especially in the area of HDTV programming, according to the company.

Rainbow Media recently began marketing Voom HD Networks, a suite of HDTV channels, to distributors in the United States.

“With Glenn leading us into the international marketplace, Rainbow International will bring extensive network-operation experience, vast programming assets and incredible stability to new global ventures,” Rainbow Media CEO Joshua Sapan said in a prepared statement.

“This is particularly exciting news for those in the HD space, where we are already hearing a tremendous excitement about Voom and our HD content,” he added. “Most important, Glenn will ensure the continued audience growth for each of Rainbow’s valuable brands.”

Rainbow Media is the parent of AMC, WE: Women’s Entertainment, The Independent Film Channel and Fuse
I have a great idea. Why doesn't Rainbow create a "New Content Unit" for Voom HD Originals!

Someone told me they overheard James Dolan saying, "Why create new content when we can keep repackage the old crap and selling it to the idiot masses. It doesn't make sense to offer new material until the people start cancelling service. Give those fools the bare minimum." Of course, I cannot verify this, it's just something I heard. :rolleyes:

He's probably right. You guys should all quit like I did. I am not going back until I see the Voom 21 operating as before. You know, when hell freezes over.

1080iBeVuMinNoMo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts