Rainbow Media Unveils DIVINE HD First Ever 24/7 High-Definition Gay Movie Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
savethefamily said:
My agenda is simple and I've stated it several times. I'd like to get Voom. I'd like to get Voom WITHOUT the homosexual focus channel. Again, why is that such a bad thing?
It's not...........As a consumer, you obviously have the right to "vote with your feet." If you feel that Voom, by virtue of carrying "Divine," is no longer welcome in your home as a result, than by all means cancel-Your freedom to do so is what drives our American economic system, imo-Cancel if you must, I for one support your ability to choose to stay or not to stay a sub. 100%.

The rest of us will make that decision, as well.

eschu97611 said:
It's not...........As a consumer, you obviously have the right to "vote with your feet." If you feel that Voom, by virtue of carrying "Divine," is no longer welcome in your home as a result, than by all means cancel-Your freedom to do so is what drives our American economic system, imo-Cancel if you must, I for one support your ability to choose to stay or not to stay a sub. 100%.

The rest of us will make that decision, as well.

Sean, can this be the last word?

And yet no one says a word about South Park...which I think is a great show :p

If you can't control the TV in your own home, then you shouldn't have one.

And that is the real answer here.

I must live in a cave... I thought someone at AVS was joking about a gay-themed channel until I read this thread. Dear lord. Personally I could care less, but the fact that they felt they had to devote a channel to it as opposed to just increasing that type of programming makes me shake my head. I don't know if it's a brilliant move or really, really lame. I vote for the latter.

Impatient said:
I have two issues with your protesting.
1) Did you look (my) the second post in this thread? I said that, In My Humble Opinion, Voom is going to be doing a sweep process to move much, maybe all, of the homosexual content of its Voom owned channels into just one channel. Looking at channel lineups, Ziggy Stardust is being moved from Epics to Devine. Yeah. I guessed right. My expectatitions are that they will continue to shuffle all the controverisial content into this one channel, just so you can lock it out and feel better. Now, I don't know why Bette Midler got thrown in there. You can lock it out. I on the other hand will be watching both shows.

2) Which church do you give a channel to? Catholic, Protestants, Baptists, Methodist, Islam? Each think they have the best answer to the ultimate question. They do not coexist nicely. My mother happens to be an ordained minister, so I have been through these arguements many times. Please, I want a serious answer on this one.

Since I live in Detroit, I have to consider Islam. I live 20 minutes from the largest population of Arabs in the western hemisphere. I regularly stop at grocery stores and gas stations where there magazine/newpaper rack does not contain an english publication. Some are christian arabs, some are islamic. That is a way of life here.

God (notice i said GOD) please no religious channels..that would be a waste of Space!--belongs on local OTA TV..period

rang1995 said:
God (notice i said GOD) please no religious channels..that would be a waste of Space!--belongs on local OTA TV..period

As per my question earlier in the post.
Are there any HD religious channels?
Maybe if there was, then voOm might pick it up?
Seeing how the churches have very deep pockets, i wonder why they don't have their own HD channel.
Maybe those that complained were just peeved that they got beaten to the punch.
So will those who dropped out come back if there is an HD channel for them?
I just don't think you can throw that baby out with the bath water.

BTW gays days are on at Disney in Orlando.
That doesn't mean i wont go to Disney because of it. I just stay away until it's over.
My choice.

gays are people 2

Ya know... gays are people too.. I think it's great that they are gettin' more of the luxuries that other people take for granted nowadays..When they started BETv, there was controversy over that.. THIS IS THE 20XX!! GET OVER IT!! Deal with you're own insecurities..

I really hope this thread stops soon, not because i don't like reading it (I find pointless rambling somewhat entertaining), but because I am afraid of these lunatics who think that because they have 'stronger morals' they should only have to pay for the channels they watch. savethefamily, have you thought at all about how the a la carte plan you have would affect EVERYONE's bill? The company has the exact same costs regardless of how many channels you watch (and therefore, pay for), so they would have to raise the costs for everyone significantly. I realize this would make you happy, since you have already decided that VOOM should not exist, because it is trying to spread itself out to everyone, but this is simply not a reasonable (or even practicable) business model, and therefore, is a moot discussion.

As another note, after discussing it with some others at my church, NOONE I talked to watches religious channels... why? they are simply not entertaining. Why would voom waste money to add a channel that will not draw in any more customers (or not enough to outweigh costs). Seeing as this press release has cost VOOM nothing, and the station will cost them nothing more than the HDivas (and they come cheap, trust me), how can this be a bad decision for them? As far as I know, they have lost one customer... You... way to fight the good fight...

Chris

Ok...That's all folks... we have exhausted the topic and there's very little to add. Thread close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)