Rainbow spinoff

IFC

I for one have watched IFC as long as I can remember. Before HDTV they had letterbox. I used to search for letterbox movies so I could see it in the original aspect ratio and wide screen. Now TMC also does that. NBC also does with HDTV programming on SD channels so when I record a program on my Tivo I can at least see it in wide screen.

As a newbie to VOOM I am still exploring what it offers. At it's worst it offers HDTV to watch. How many times have you surfed the channels and just settled for "something" to watch? And it was in SD. At least that "something" is in HDTV for now and programming will get better because of demand and competition. (I hope)

Thanks for the welcome!
RNC currently originates and uplinks Fox Sports New York, New England, FLorida, Ohio, Bay Area. We also uplink (though not originate) Fox Sports Chicago and Madison Square Garden.
IFC, AMC (East & West), Bravo (East, West, & HD), WE, and the Exclusive VOOM HD also originate from our facility.
For those of you in NY, Metro TV and Stories comes from us too!!

marty2112 said:
Thanks for the welcome!
RNC currently originates and uplinks Fox Sports New York, New England, FLorida, Ohio, Bay Area. We also uplink (though not originate) Fox Sports Chicago and Madison Square Garden.
IFC, AMC (East & West), Bravo (East, West, & HD), WE, and the Exclusive VOOM HD also originate from our facility.
For those of you in NY, Metro TV and Stories comes from us too!!

i thought a few years ago MSG and sportschannel merged and are sharing overflow and announcers(i realize MSG has it's own equipment as does fox NY) but it's now considered 1 ?? am i wrong
thanks

rang1995 said:
i thought a few years ago MSG and sportschannel merged and are sharing overflow and announcers(i realize MSG has it's own equipment as does fox NY) but it's now considered 1 ?? am i wrong
thanks
MSG and FSNY are run by a single management. But we still air them as two different services (which they are). FSNY originates at RNC, while MSG still originates from the city.

latest financial estimates of spin off
RAINBOW MEDIA GROUP - Spin Entity
National Entertainment Programming Networks
AMC, IFC, WE 3,001 9.97 EBITDA and subs multiple
Sterling Digital / Mag Rack 1 0.00 Subs multiple
R/L DBS Company LLC (125) (0.42)
National Advertising Partners 0 0.00
Rainbow Advertising Sales Corp 0 0.00
Rainbow (Spin Entity) TEV 2,877 $9.55
Less Rainbow Debt (823) (2.73)
Less Rainbow PIK (350) (1.16)
Rainbow (Spin Entity) Equity Value 1,704 $6.00
Cablevision Valuation 9,390 $32.00

rang1995 said:
latest financial estimates of spin off
RAINBOW MEDIA GROUP - Spin Entity
National Entertainment Programming Networks
AMC, IFC, WE 3,001 9.97 EBITDA and subs multiple
Sterling Digital / Mag Rack 1 0.00 Subs multiple
R/L DBS Company LLC (125) (0.42)
National Advertising Partners 0 0.00
Rainbow Advertising Sales Corp 0 0.00
Rainbow (Spin Entity) TEV 2,877 $9.55
Less Rainbow Debt (823) (2.73)
Less Rainbow PIK (350) (1.16)
Rainbow (Spin Entity) Equity Value 1,704 $6.00
Cablevision Valuation 9,390 $32.00

From whose term sheet did this come? Unless this is old or public elsewhere, info like this is often considered quite confidential. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts