OTA From Installer

jvinlove

Original poster
May 6, 2004
Hello all
I will be New to Voom As of next Tuesday, I have been reading the post every day for the past 2 weeks , Regarding OTA and Dish Upgrades
I called my installer and he said he will be bringing a 50 element antenna
and recomended a rotor , all of my local channels are within 10degrees of each other NBC, WB, UPN, ABC are like @ 85degrees and CBS,FoX are @ 75degrees does that sound like it would need a rotor? and what Model is a 50element OTA antenna, also Voom Told me the standard dish size is 18"
i would like to upgrade to a 24" to stop rain fade early who would i contact about this and what is the cost of this upgrade I cant wait to really
get my samsung 43" DLP really Vooming !!!! :clap
thanks in advance
Jasen
Springfield, IL Future Voomer

PS anyone in the Springfield Local Area that has voom
I would appreciate your insight on what you are recieving as far as PQ
here in Springfield with locals and OTA Antenna ?

jvinlove said:
Hello all
I will be New to Voom As of next Tuesday, I have been reading the post every day for the past 2 weeks , Regarding OTA and Dish Upgrades
I called my installer and he said he will be bringing a 50 element antenna
and recomended a rotor , all of my local channels are within 10degrees of each other NBC, WB, UPN, ABC are like @ 85degrees and CBS,FoX are @ 75degrees does that sound like it would need a rotor? and what Model is a 50element OTA antenna, also Voom Told me the standard dish size is 18"
i would like to upgrade to a 24" to stop rain fade early who would i contact about this and what is the cost of this upgrade I cant wait to really
get my samsung 43" DLP really Vooming !!!! :clap
thanks in advance
Jasen
Springfield, IL Future Voomer

PS anyone in the Springfield Local Area that has voom
I would appreciate your insight on what you are recieving as far as PQ
here in Springfield with locals and OTA Antenna ?

Welcome to the forum. The Stealth Antenna is highly directional and you might need a rotor. I have one but with a different antenna. Let them install the 18" dish. After that if you experience rain fade, you may ask for a 24" upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)