Raleigh HD Locals (WRAL & WRAZ) & EPG Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I checked last night, and still have EPG data for WRAL/WRAZ.

Mike

EDIT: Murphy's Law: I finally lost EPG data again :( (just for WRAL/WRAZ)

Last edited:
I haven't had EPG data for WRAL & WRAZ HD OTA channels now for days. The problem is getting worse! Thank God, we're in the off season and I am not taping shows regularly. Otherwise, this would be an even bigger issue.

wral finally in HD

It is about time, Kudos to dish for finally getting Raleigh Locals WRAL & WRAZ on line. Only about four months behind Direct.

I noticed we had the WRAL & WRAZ locals in HD via sat last night...and I about fell out of my chair. It took a long time, but I am personally thankful to Capital Broadcasting and Dish for finally reaching an agreement!

As far as I am aware everyone that is having the EPG problem...
1) has a 622
2) subs to SAT locals
3) gets SAT HD locals from 118.7 (this is the cause of the problem. IMO)

Some how the 622 is smart enough to use the EPG data from the Raleigh locals via SAT for the OTA channels. But gets confused sometime getting EPG data from the Raleigh HD locals via SAT for the OTA channels. This happens whether you get your HD locals from Raleigh or another city.

Is this still an issue?

Not a issue here since WRAL/WRAZ is carried on the Satellites.
To be precise, it was only an issue when WRAL/WRAZ were NOT carried in HD.
Once DISH starts carrying a cities HD channels it starts using that program data for the OTA channels and if one or more channels is NOT carried, the EPG data is lost for those OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts