Raleigh, NC NBC17 and FOX50

I was watching the Today show this morning. NBC17 kept going in and out, so they are obviously trying to get it back.

Ted

Yeah, I just checked at 8:38AM and mine were out (I had not checked earlier in the morning).

My HD channels are still out. I guess I will either need a new dish or a new provider.

You don't need a new dish. If you do, then we all do. It's a DN issue for all of the RDU area customers. Now, you may decide that you need a new provider. I did-- TWC is coming out the minute my contract is up-- 2 weeks from yesterday.

You don't need a new dish. If you do, then we all do. It's a DN issue for all of the RDU area customers. Now, you may decide that you need a new provider. I did-- TWC is coming out the minute my contract is up-- 2 weeks from yesterday.

Well two different tech support people at dish told me I needed a new one. I hope that is not the case. I would love to get TWC but it is not available for me. :(

I just checked and still get black screen with the 004 Error.

I don't seem to have a smart card to remove - behind the left hand door on my box there's a slot but no card. I have a 722.

I tried checking what satellite those stations are coming from - but when I hit the info button I just get the error screen. I do see my other locals are coming from either 110 or 118.

I didn't think yesterday to see if the SD version of the channel is coming in. It's fine. Just the HD versions are not working.

I'm going to try unplugging the box for a few hours this afternoon and see if that does anything. It fixed my Mom's box when it was doing a weird thing. But I don't have much hope.

Glad to know it's not just me though....

Just got Directv installed yesterday, luckily.
But I am getting hd locals off of 118 and 17 and 50 were out all day yesterday. Well didn't check late but if some are still having issues and some are not it may be whether you get them from 118 or 61.5.
I wonder if I can get a credit on my bill from the csr right before I cancel? :D

Just got Directv installed yesterday, luckily.
But I am getting hd locals off of 118 and 17 and 50 were out all day yesterday. Well didn't check late but if some are still having issues and some are not it may be whether you get them from 118 or 61.5.
I wonder if I can get a credit on my bill from the csr right before I cancel? :D

At this point, I don't really care if they fix it. I'm done with Dish starting 3/18. I'll just watch the SD versions till then. I guess people can crack on TWC all they want, but they would never just ignore this like (not surprisingly) Dish is doing. To me, it's another example of how Dish is a 2nd class provider. They try to do everything on the cheap. It's like Avis (remember "we try harder"?) never getting close to Hertz ... actually Dish is more like Budget Rent-a-Car.

I haven't checked my signal today (118). But my mom (61.5) is getting them.
If that means anything to anybody. :up

At this point, I don't really care if they fix it. I'm done with Dish starting 3/18. I'll just watch the SD versions till then. I guess people can crack on TWC all they want, but they would never just ignore this like (not surprisingly) Dish is doing. To me, it's another example of how Dish is a 2nd class provider. They try to do everything on the cheap. It's like Avis (remember "we try harder"?) never getting close to Hertz ... actually Dish is more like Budget Rent-a-Car.

There is some truth to the adage "you get what you pay for." TWC probably would have fixed this type of problem faster. However, the additional expense of TWC ($44 per month in my particular case, just to get close to the programming I have for Dish) and the horrible software they run on the STBs just isn't worth switching to me. DirecTV maybe, but not TWC.

Ted

I left by box unplugged for 2 hrs this afternoon and when I plugged it back in both channels are back. (not sure if that's cause and effect or just coincidence).

I am able to verify now that both 17 & 50 are coming in from satellite 118.

Everything seems to be fine now so I called and cancelled the tech who was supposed to come out tomorrow.

BTW - I've had Dish for about a year and a half now and this is the first problem I've ever had with anything. And in the grand scheme of things this is really pretty minor.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Fingers crossed that these channels stay on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)