Raleigh, NC NBC17 and FOX50

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CindyLouWh

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Raleigh NC
I receive my local channels from Dish and both NBC17 and FOX50 are showing just black screens. The rest of the locals are fine. I can also pick up both of these OTA with no problems - just not through Dish.

I've tried doing a check switch and unplugging the box and neither fixed it. I called Dish and they're sending a tech out but I wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

Duh. I just read your initial post again. I asked you a pretty stupid question since you already answered it. My bad.

Well if it's not your receiver I imagine E* will be getting more calls. I assume you have tried unplugging your receiver and then plugging it back it for a hard reset?

I receive my local channels from Dish and both NBC17 and FOX50 are showing just black screens. The rest of the locals are fine. I can also pick up both of these OTA with no problems - just not through Dish.

I've tried doing a check switch and unplugging the box and neither fixed it. I called Dish and they're sending a tech out but I wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

Yep, I see it too.

They are both coming in fine for me. What satellite are you getting them from? Press info on the remote twice while tuned to the station you are having trouble with to obtain that information.

Mine are coming from 61.5.

Ted

They are both coming in fine for me. What satellite are you getting them from? Press info on the remote twice while tuned to the station you are having trouble with to obtain that information.

Mine are coming from 61.5.

Ted

How do I know what satellite they are coming from?

ETA: Sorry I saw on my note pad that the rep said they were on 61.5.

Last edited:
How do I know what satellite they are coming from?

ETA: Sorry I saw on my note pad that the rep said they were on 61.5.

Mine are not coming in now either. I switched American Idol to the SD channel for tonight. I'll investigate later on.

Ted

I do not get the HD channels of 17 and 50 but SD does come in. After 40 min on phone Dish wants to send a tech out.
No tech will help. This is a Dish problem. I would guarantee that no Dish customers in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill are getting NBC-17 and Fox-50 in HD. Another reason why I can't wait to dump Dish when my contract runs out in 2 weeks. I'm going back to cable. That tells you what I think of Dish and the beloved Charlie.

No tech will help. This is a Dish problem. I would guarantee that no Dish customers in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill are getting NBC-17 and Fox-50 in HD. Another reason why I can't wait to dump Dish when my contract runs out in 2 weeks. I'm going back to cable. That tells you what I think of Dish and the beloved Charlie.

I just did a quick check on NBC-17 and Fox-50. At 8:10 PM they were both looking fine via Dish on 61.5, and OTA.

Has anyone tried removing and reinserting their smart card? I found this on Dish's website under the troubleshooting area:

Pull out your smartcard
The smartcard is located behind a door on the front, left corner of your receiver. Remove it for 15 seconds and then re-insert it into your receiver.

Ted

Im having the same issue. Just called dish, and they said it was a local problem and that there was nothing they could do for me. No ETA on a fix, or no number to call. He basically said I was SOL. Nice....

Pull out your smartcard
The smartcard is located behind a door on the front, left corner of your receiver. Remove it for 15 seconds and then re-insert it into your receiver.

Just tried this and it does not work. Just another reason to be angry with Charlie. I guess I need to go buy an antenna.

Well here is the bad news from the tech I just chatted with:

[FONT=&quot]Dish Guy: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sir, to get your channels back you need to install a new Dish.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dish Guy: This requires a 24 months commitment or $99.00.
Me:
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]As long as we have been customers and the fact that you have shed 100,000 subscribers lately, this is not negotiable?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dish Guy: The commitment cannot be waived.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] It is nice that they really care about their customers. Sorry for the bad news.[/FONT]

I just happened to be activating a replacement ViP 622 tonight, with technician on the phone, when we discovered the issues with local Fox 50 and NBC 17. The technician was extremely nice and easy to work with, but oddly enough, he checked his system and said it was the first he had heard of it tonight. Sounded like he went into some sort of database or repository, to check if anyone else had reported the issue, and he found nothing. I understand such things happen, but you would think a company the size of DISH would have a system that would allow for the sharing of such issues with all their technicians. Lets hope for a quick resolution.

BTW - I am now on my 3rd 622 in a year. This one died the other night during the snow...perhaps caused by a power outage...we don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)