Rambo, Ghostbusters, Starship Troopers, Lawrence of Arabia release rumors

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ghostbusters, Starship Troopers, Lawrence of Arabia release rumors

I've seen many posts asking for Lawrence of Arabia.

I for one would like Ghostbusters and Starship Troopers!

The Digital Bits Rumor Mill - Current Posts

[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]Lionsgate is working on Rambo: First Blood, Part II and Rambo III for Blu-ray release, with a tentative street date of 5/27. This is almost certainly timed to coincide with the DVD and Blu-ray release of the new Rambo film, currently in theaters.

Industry sources have also confirmed that Sony is currently at work on Blu-ray releases of Ghostbusters and Lawrence of Arabia, though the latter title is likely to arrive in 2009, so the studio can have the time create new added value features for the high-def version. Sony also revealed at CES that Roland Emmerich's Godzilla will soon be announced for Blu-ray release, along with Men in Black. And you can expect Starship Troopers to be released on the format as well, timed to coincide with the direct-to-video release of the film's second sequel, Starship Troopers: Marauder, sometime later in 2008.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Great news! I'm big on ST, and will get Lawrence as well.

I'll pass on Sylvester. I OD'd on that. The only Sylvester I want to see again is a cat!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
For those of you looking for a sneak peak of Laurence in HD, don't forget to set your DVR's to record the upcoming premiere on HDNET.....

Air Dates:
Sun, Feb 10th - 6:15 PM ET / 3:15 PM PT
Mon, Feb 11th - 12:30 AM ET / Sun, Feb 10th - 9:30 PM PT
Sat, Feb 16th - 2:15 PM ET / 11:15 AM PT
Wed, Feb 20th - 4:30 PM ET / 1:30 PM PT

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I've never seen it either, so I figure since I've held off this far, I might as well wait to see in HD for the first time.

A few interesting tidbits about the film:

The film's unique OAR is 2.20:1 and runs 3.6 hours long. I really hope HDNet doesn't mess with the OAR, or edit the running time in any way.

ripnbigc

Freeze Sucker!
Jan 11, 2006
Wichita, Ks
I've never seen it either, so I figure since I've held off this far, I might as well wait to see in HD for the first time.

A few interesting tidbits about the film:

The film's unique OAR is 2.20:1 and runs 3.6 hours long. I really hope HDNet doesn't mess with the OAR, or edit the running time in any way.

Normally HDNet shows all movies in OAR. Hope this is the case this time.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Oh my god, I found this image really cool!
Check it out:
Ghost-busters2.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)