Randolph fired

You fire a guy, after a win, after he flew with the team to California.

Classless.

You replace him from within, with the "bench coach" who has failed at manager all over.

Clueless.

Classless.

You replace him from within, with the "bench coach" who has failed at manager all over.

Clueless.

Yup, that about how it went :what
Personally, I thought he would get it over the All Star break

Jimbo

He was overwhelmed! Personally, I thought this was WAY TOO much job for him to handle. Omar Minaya, a personal friend....is next. He paid too much for some and never really addressed the issue of pitching. OTHER than the Santana trade, they have not had ANY pitching since he has been GM. And that INCLUDES Pedro, because he has been washed up for awhile now.

Classless.

Yup. This has to be one of the the most spineless, gutless, back-stabbing firings of all time. He didn't have to fly Willie all the way out to Anaheim. And to do it after a WIN? And to top it all off...via PRESS RELEASE in the middle of the night??? I have lost all respect for the Mets organization.

I hope smiling, under-achieiving David Wright and the rest of his self-centered teammates who did nothing to even attempt to support their Skipper are happy. I hope they spend the rest of the season wallowing @ the bootom of the NL East where they belong!!!!!:mad:

Yup. This has to be one of the the most spineless, gutless, back-stabbing firings of all time. He didn't have to fly Willie all the way out to Anaheim. And to do it after a WIN? And to top it all off...via PRESS RELEASE in the middle of the night??? I have lost all respect for the Mets organization.

I hope smiling, under-achieiving David Wright and the rest of his self-centered teammates who did nothing to even attempt to support their Skipper are happy. I hope they spend the rest of the season wallowing @ the bootom of the NL East where they belong!!!!!:mad:

Well said. :up

If they had done this after their nightmare series in Colorado, that would have been one thing.

IMO, bad timing, but it was going to eventually happen.

The Mets dug themselves into this hole themselves in the first place (BTW, I picked the Phillies to win the division)

P.S. Is it just me, or have I noticed that SamCDBS has never spoke kindly about anything and just bashes anything and everything?

Welp...full circle back to life as usual for Mets fans...being embarrassed and laughed at. Late 2005-Mid 2007 was a nice diversion for a little while, though, wasn't it? I thought we might pick it back up this year, but oh well...the "rebuilding" begins again.

Unfortunately for them, the Mets will always be the ugly step child of their city, like the Clippers of the NBA. The Mets and Clippers will always carry the burden of playing in the shadows of the much more storied franchise in their respective cities.

Unfortunately for them, the Mets will always be the ugly step child of their city, like the Clippers of the NBA. The Mets and Clippers will always carry the burden of playing in the shadows of the much more storied franchise in their respective cities.

Good idea, but it's a little flawed.

At least the Mets actually WON a few titles.

The Clippers have won only a few series.

P.S. Is it just me, or have I noticed that SamCDBS has never spoke kindly about anything and just bashes anything and everything?

Rule of thumb: Pick on the post, not the poster. You did the same thing over at DBSforums towards him. I don't agree with everything everyone posts, but they are allowed to say it.

I guess they could have done it on Sunday ... on Father's Day, would that have been better ???

The problem is that I see no change in the team. They will continue to struggle. Some of the loses were due to billy boy after blowing save after save. How could this be Randolph's fault? I also believe that it was more his fault last year from blowing that huge league to the phils. That was the time to fire him. But now, he just have a bunch of guys like billy w., delgado, pedro (in name only) that are not doing well. The replacement of Manuel was fired as well from the white sox. I do not know where the Mets are going but it will not up in the standing. They can only go down from here.

I have no issue with the firing and, even though I'm pro-Willie, I can understand the motivation. It's the execution I have issues with since last Thursday, after the fiasco series with the D-backs, would have been the right time. You don't make the guy fly 5 hours, win a game, then say, "It's over". Shows what a mess the Mets are these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts