Random Hopper Duo Questions

Marv B

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Tulsa OK
I've had the Hopper Duo for a few months after my 722K bit the dust, and haven't really delved into all that much. The strangest thing is how the DVR can be 40% full, then all of a sudden be at 80% the next day, even with only one or two new recordings. Also, is the Bluetooth adaptor Dish has for $15.99 the only one that would work with my receiver? Can I hook up an external hard drive to the Duo? I had to go as cheap as possible when replacing the 722, so this is what I'm stuck with for the time being. Really miss my 722K.

Also, is the Bluetooth adaptor Dish has for $15.99 the only one that would work with my receiver?
This adapter from Amazon shares the same chipset as the one Dish sells, it’s the same price but if you have prime then you save on shipping.

Can I hook up an external hard drive to the Duo?
Yes, as a matter of fact if you ever had a EHD hooked up to you 722k it should be able to read its contents since the formatting is the same.

I had to go as cheap as possible when replacing the 722, so this is what I'm stuck with for the time being. Really miss my 722K.
If cheap as posible was your objective then I would have gone Wally, you hook up a EHD of your choosing and pay a one time $40 fee to activate DVR features, it’s only $5 per month compared to $10 after that (I believe that if you are an old enough customer you might even get the first receiver free discount, making it $0).

This adapter from Amazon shares the same chipset as the one Dish sells, it’s the same price but if you have prime then you save on shipping.

Yes, as a matter of fact if you ever had a EHD hooked up to you 722k it should be able to read its contents since the formatting is the same.

If cheap as posible was your objective then I would have gone Wally, you hook up a EHD of your choosing and pay a one time $40 fee to activate DVR features, it’s only $5 per month compared to $10 after that (I believe that if you are an old enough customer you might even get the first receiver free discount, making it $0).
Thanks so much for the reply, and the good news! I was devastated when I lost all my recordings on the 722, but I do have at least 3 EHDs around here somewhere, so that's good to know! Glad I can pick up that Bluetooth adapter on Amazon. While I don't have prime, I do always make sure to reach the minimum $25 order to get free shipping, so I'll throw that in with something else. I did get a decent deal with Dish for the year, but I was on the phone negotiating it for over an hour. It helps that I'm a long time customer, of course.