GEOSATpro Random microHD issues. Anyone else?

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
I've noticed a couple of issues lately with certain feeds showing "recording" when you press "record" but nothing gets saved to disk (this one last night was a 1040i). I suspected perhaps it could be a disk problem, but it would record other feeds/channels just fine. From time to time, I've also noticed that manual input of a Transponder you wish to scan doesn't work (it will show 0 for the frequency and symbol rate, even if you entered it correctly). I unplugged it and reconnected it today and hope that might reset its "brain" and see if I have the same problem in the future. This morning, it doesn't want to "wake up" easily. If I go from a H to V transponder, or even change transponders on the same polarity (H to another H on a different frequency) it will display "no signal" and then show the channel a second later. I used USALS to move it to another sat, and no message appeared that it was moving until two seconds later. I thought maybe it was just a cold-weather issue or cable connections, so I made sure everything was good out at the dish and with the cables. But after seeing the little USALS glitch at the receiver end, I may have to start watching that, too. Voltage problem from MicroHD? I dunno. Is there a way for the electronically ignorant like myself to test it? Unfortunately, these events are so random and different in nature, I think I may have to reflash the latest firmware and see if that takes care of any of these problems.

Just sort of curious if anyone else had any similar problems as of late.

Last edited:
Just hooked up the old Traxis 3500 and it works perfectly. Egads.

Edit: I disconnected the MicroHD for several minutes and also disconnected my attached USB hard drive. It seems to have made a difference...changes channels and blind scans with no problems now. Can't explain why the hard drive would have had that effect, but there you go.

Last edited:
Perhaps, but it's an external WD 1 Tetrabyte drive with its own external power connected. Although, the way the drive is designed, it "goes to sleep" when not being used, so it takes a second or two for it to wake up when I press "record."

Last edited:
I think every problem I have had with the MicroHD has been related to Hard Drives. I record on thumb drives then transfer them to my hard drives -- but right now my hard drive will not add files on the computer.... My little grand nephew --- a real IT guy says to divide the files into 6 month folders and move the files and the problem will go. Over 2560 files per directory is too many! ( he says to keep below 1000).

Satav_support is providing support. So either PM them or call 888-483-4673

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)