Random thoughts a week before Thanksgiving

I was AT THAT GAME!!!! I was living in western NY...and my very best friends' family were/are HUGE Browns fans and season ticket holders since the early 70s and invited me to this gameas a Christmas gift. It was THE 1st time I had EVER seen a football game live AND the 1st time I had ever seen my Raiders play live. After the almost 6 hour drive, after we got out of the car, I was IN TEARS because of how cold it initially was. But, they brought me one of those hunting suits and it did the trick(and extra socks, gloves and so on.....). I think it was THE ONLY RAIDER fan in the stadium. I had NO Raider gear on because I just think it would not have been safe being 6 hours from home. I had a great time, the people were really nice and they KNEW I was a Raider fan because I said VERY little when the Browns did something and sort of clenched my fist when the Raiders did. I DID let out a relatively LOUD "YES!!!!" when Brian Sipe was intercepted by Mike Davis with 40 seconds or so left in the game. To this day, I just don't understand WHY didn't go for the FG.:confused:

Needless to say, it was a VERY long ride for buddy and his parents, I slept VERY WELL all 6 hours home....:D

Ahhh. Red-Right 88! The beginning of a string of heart-breaking Browns playoff losses. I've read a few books on that Browns team who became known as the Kardiac Kids. Great season. Tough loss.

Salsa, you're truly a brave man for having been in such cold weather for so long.

The funny thing was, my buddy SAW I was ACTUALLY tearing up because of the weather and he kept laughing because they were freezing on my cheeks! LOL!

How I could resist...how many people can say the very 1st game they ever saw live was THEIR team in a playoffs for the 1st time??!!:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts