Random thoughts at the start of the NFL Season

3 - This is why I hate UND. They are probably the 50th best team, but until they lose, and with their cupcake schedule that will be a while, we have to put up with all the hype.

I'll bet you have Washington State as a 56-point favorite on Halloween.:D:D

1. It was nice to see a close Thursday night season opener after two consecutive years of blowouts (Colts over Saints, Giants over Redskins). No defending Super Bowl champ has lost their opener since 1999 (Denver, but Elway had retired prior to the season), winning 10 straight.

They won, which is what counts.

5. Speaking of HD and Salsa, I can't wait for when the Browns play the Raiders- their trash-talking will be something to watch, considering how their always-entertaining "LeBron or D-Wade" debates.

Both teams suck

14. Finally, this last one is something I've wanted to get off my chest for a while. KCK, I love your baseball knowledge, but I cannot agree with your thoughts about Alexander Ovechkin.

How can you call him cocky, arrogant, and spoiled, a prima donna, and say you don't like him as a human being? All he said was that after he plays here a long time (19-20 years), he would like to go back to his home country of Russia many years down the road. When he's done with his likely Hall of Fame Career, he'd like to play a bit back home before he calls a career. Somehow, because of that statement, you now view him like he's Terrell Owens. What's so bad about that? Jaromir Jagr went back to the Czech Republic after 18 years in the NHL, yet I don't recall him getting that treatment.

As for the other players you said you'd rather have over him- I'll give you Malkin and Crosby, I'll give you Getzlaf, even Toews. If you want to say you'd rather have those players, I'll give you that. But I cannot say with a straight face that I would have rather have Kopitar- he's had one 30-goal season and never scored more than 77 points. Also, Ovechkin's Capitals have evolved in a legit Stanley Cup threat, while Kopitar's Kings languish at the bottom of the Western Conference as a cellar-dweller. Kopitar has yet to lead his team in the playoffs, let along get there.

His so-called "self-centered" antics are entertaining. Hockey NEEDS excitement- the NBA braces this type of emotion, ditto for the NFL. It's a nice change of pace- I like hockey players with emotion that want to entertain. What's so bad about wanting to entertain the fans?

He's right, Ovechkin is a ass, he should go back to Russia

No, Ovechkin IS a better goal scorer, Crosby is a better all around hockey player.

Disagree. I think Ovechkin is a better scorer and a better hockey player. Ovechkin does a lot more on the ice than score.

If I had to pick between the two for my team I would pick Ovechkin.

Sandra

Disagree. I think Ovechkin is a better scorer and a better hockey player. Ovechkin does a lot more on the ice than score.

If I had to pick between the two for my team I would pick Ovechkin.

Sandra

Your opinion. I would take Malkin first, Crosby second than Ovechkin.

Malkin has the making of a Mario, Crosby has the making of a Gretzky.

Your opinion. I would take Malkin first, Crosby second than Ovechkin.

Malkin has the making of a Mario, Crosby has the making of a Gretzky.

Well apparently I have a lot of people who agree with my opinion. Ovechkin is the two-time defending Hart Trophy winner as league MVP.

Both Malkin and Crosby have the advantage of having each other on the same team. Ovechkin doesn't have anyone in their class on his team. ;)

And be careful when you throw out the Mario and Gretzky names in comparison to ANYBODY. Jeez.

Sandra

Well apparently I have a lot of people who agree with my opinion. Ovechkin is the two-time defending Hart Trophy winner as league MVP.

Both Malkin and Crosby have the advantage of having each other on the same team. Ovechkin doesn't have anyone in their class on his team. ;)

And be careful when you throw out the Mario and Gretzky names in comparison to ANYBODY. Jeez.

Sandra

Well I thought maybe, just maybe we were having a discussion like adults but there you go again. I am now putting you on ignore. I tried but your constant digging and digging is too much for me and no this isn't the only reason, posts from the past help. I promised Ramy to act like adults and not argue and bicker with each other. If I keep replying to your posts I'll break my promise with ramy and I don't want to do that.

Congratulations, you'll be the first person i put on ignore for a long time.

Well I thought maybe, just maybe we were having a discussion like adults but there you go again. I am now putting you on ignore. I tried but your constant digging and digging is too much for me and no this isn't the only reason, posts from the past help. I promised Ramy to act like adults and not argue and bicker with each other. If I keep replying to your posts I'll break my promise with ramy and I don't want to do that.

Congratulations, you'll be the first person i put on ignore for a long time.

Oh please. Like being ignored is something special? I have five older brothers...I've been worse than ignored my whole life! Get in line. :D

A little touchy aren't we? Jeez. I was protecting your guy Mario for crying out loud.

Like many I've had my moments on here, but that certainly wasn't one of them...

Sandra

Last edited:
I said I was going to meet Alyssa Milano.

Here's my picture with her:

7034_281448925440_889895440_8959791_6283077_n.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)