Random Thoughts from Cleveland

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Ok, these seem to be catching on. I thought I'd take a stab at some random thoughts....

1. What's with the mask's Pistons? You're starting to remind me of that creepy trailer I keep seeing on TNT for "The Strangers".

2. I will never be able to listen to Dropkick Murphy's again without thinking about Boston.

3. Anyone else think the T-Mobile- D.Wade/Chuck commercials are getting old?

4. The Tribe has lost 9 of their past 11. What the F?

5. The Rays have won 10 of their last 15, have the best record in the MLB and still drew
only 10,927 in their latest home game. What the F?

6. The Richard Jacob's Group is going to build a $180 million, 21-story office tower on Public Square in downtown Cleveland.

7. Jacob's purchased the Indians for $35 million in 1986. Any chance Jacob's can purchase back the team from current cheapskate owner Larry Dolan?

8. When will Shapiro trade for some offensive help?

9. Today marks the opening round of The Memorial Tournament in Muirfield, Ohio. The field needs to take advantage before Tiger returns in a few weeks.

10. Still over 3 months till opening day kickoff for my Cleveland Browns against the Cowboys!

Ok, these seem to be catching on. I thought I'd take a stab at some random thoughts....

7. Jacob's purchased the Indians for $35 million in 1986. Any chance Jacob's can purchase back the team from current cheapskate owner Larry Dolan?

10. Still over 3 months till opening day kickoff for my Cleveland Browns against the Cowboys!

7. The same guy who owns the Indians also owns the Knicks?

10. Will that be an NBC game? FOX? CBS?

My son is there for the summer interning for the Browns. So far he's seen alot of Browns Stadium & I guess there's a big Browns golf tournament @ Firestone in a couple of weeks he's working. Then, his main stuff with Media Relations will start. But, he did get to see the White Sox beat the Indians @ Progressive Field Monday night & will go watch the Rush beat whatever the Cleveland Arena team is next weekend! He worked for the Rush for 2 seasons so he's a big fan.

If it is a Browns Home game (sounds like it it and I have not looked up a Browns schedule) it will be a CBS game.

AFC = CBS
NFC = FOX

Sunday night = NBC
Monday night = ESPN

For the most part, but there are always exceptions ...

Jimbo

nope...when a AFC team plays a NFC team the ROAD team's network has the game...so since the Cowboys are the road team, they'll be on Fox (unless its a national game)

The Vikes are only on CBS twice a year due to that (max)

checked the browns site and that is the only Fox game for them (The Giants game is on ESPN)

nope...when a AFC team plays a NFC team the ROAD team's network has the game...so since the Cowboys are the road team, they'll be on Fox (unless its a national game)

checked the browns site and that is the only Fox game for them (The Giants game is on ESPN)

The road team gets the game when conferences play one another ?
That seams really odd , not saying thats not right, just seems odd.

Well at least the first half of my post was correct .

AFC plays on CBS and NFC plays on Fox.

Thanks for the heads up Iceberg.

Jimbo

You are correct. The Dallas @ Cleveland opening day game is @ 4:15 and televised on FOX. This should be the main game broadcast in most other markets for that time slot too.

If anyones interested, I have a pretty cool custom made '08 Browns PDF Schedule attached. It lists the dates, times and networks each game will be televised during the upcoming year.....

Go Browns!

Attachments

• BrownsSchedule.pdf
    233.7 KB · Views: 109
7. The same guy who owns the Indians also owns the Knicks?

1. Yup. As Hart said, Charles is the older and much richer brother of Larry. Charles is the owner of Cablevision Corp. , Madison Square Garden and Radio City Music Hall. Larry is simply an attorney who bought the Indians. His capital and power is no where near what his brothers' is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts