Rangers On Msg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hpnmmrst

Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
SOMEONE HELP!!!! Rangers On Msg

I live in NY,
Why am i getting a "program not available in your area" whenever the rangers are on MSG, i am able to watch any other programs including the Knicks, when i called DTV they told me some story about blackouts by the NHL (BTW i get the games when they are on OLN) but nobody there could explain to me the terms of this blackout,

is this true??? can anyone please help me out here?? thanx

I can't remember where I found it but check MSG's website. Somewhere on there there is a list of their regions and MSG's blackout rules. MSG and FSN NY have some really wild rules concerning NHL blackouts.

provide your zip code i check to see if been affect by rsn update codes beg with 080,085-87 have a ticket open with blackout problems and try to be resolve with msg

Gonna pull this up as I am having issues as well with blackouts this year. Before this year, I was always able to get Knicks and most Rangers(and some Devils/Islander) games, provided I supscribe to the Sports Pak(it has been this way for the 6 years I have had Directv). Well, this year, I am suddenly being blacked out of every pro sport on MSG and FSNY. From a message to D they "say" the blackout rules have changed, but according to MSG(still waiting on a direct zipcode check) they haven't.
Anyone out that that can help check this zipcode and see what I am actually supposed to get? I used Directv's lookup and it shows that what I am getting is what I am supposed to get but I think something is wrong.
Thanx.

itsa buncha bs my friend Dtv and we know all about it. It's about "territory" and what "market area" you belong to. In other words, how far local transmitting towers can topographically push. Like me, my customers and I are buried in the Catskill Mountains, but according to Dtvs magniificent plan. we are "inelligable" to receive any "Local Network". I get the runaround untill I call back 3 or 4 times and finally the rep gets it right. I ran into the nonsense about MSG with a buncha customers. Finally, one of the reps at DTVs realizes whats up and deals with it correctly and activates your local sports channel, its all about zip code, Lotsa callls, lotsa aggrivation

I think the NHL has more to do with it than D*.

Excerpt from MSG FAQ....http://www.msgnetwork.com/faq.jsp

What are the blackout restrictions for Knicks, Liberty, and Rangers games?
Various regional TV policies have been established by the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League and Major League Baseball.The blackouts are intended to protect other team territories as well as the exclusivity of national television outlets.

NEW YORK RANGERS

New York - Up to 50 games may be carried beyond Sullivan, Ulster and Dutchess Counties.
- Total blackout within 50 miles of Buffalo, including Rochester.

Syd

I know since Adelphia folded Empire Sports Net, and MSG picked up the Sabres, that changed some of MSG's programming too.

This also impacts New Haven County, CT subs who get NY and Boston RSN's

It's a total crock, and not something the NHL should be doing at this point...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts