Rant of the moment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meontheinternet

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
What is up with the R15 not being able to Autotune to a channel? Even the D11 does this. I hate this box more everytime I turn it on.

Oh, and DirecTV should have a jump forward button like Dish Network. It has a jump back, why not jump forward? =(

Oh, and the INFO doesn't say when a show is NEW or First Run. I am using tonight's airing of 24 as an example.

Ugh, so far I like DirecTV better than Dish, but our 2 year old Dish DVR had better features than this damn R15. Wait, why do I like DirecTV better?

Did I read somewhere there is some offer to replace your R15 with a TiVo box?

meontheinternet said:
What is up with the R15 not being able to Autotune to a channel? Even the D11 does this. I hate this box more everytime I turn it on.

Oh, and DirecTV should have a jump forward button like Dish Network. It has a jump back, why not jump forward? =(

Oh, and the INFO doesn't say when a show is NEW or First Run. I am using tonight's airing of 24 as an example.

Ugh, so far I like DirecTV better than Dish, but our 2 year old Dish DVR had better features than this damn R15. Wait, why do I like DirecTV better?

Did I read somewhere there is some offer to replace your R15 with a TiVo box?

As far as I know, it has never had "New" in the info, but if is a re-run, it will sat "(Repeat)" at the end of the show description. So the episode of 24 being new will not have "repeat" in the info, indicating it is new.

joedekock said:
As far as I know, it has never had "New" in the info, but if is a re-run, it will sat "(Repeat)" at the end of the show description. So the episode of 24 being new will not have "repeat" in the info, indicating it is new.

And when is 24 ever a repeat?

If you can find one, get yourself an R10. Its TiVo based and will blow away either the the R15 or the E* DVR's.

TimGoodwin said:
And when is 24 ever a repeat?

Heh, old 24 seasons play all day long. I knew the 24 was new at 9pm on Fox, I was just using that as an example of something that should say NEW.

Looks like Direct just does it backwards from Dish - say repeat instead of new.

The Tate said:
The R15's autotune is the record feature.

Autotune and record are two different things. =) Just because I am watching something doesn't mean I want to have to deal with it showing up in my recordings list. I am used to sitting down at 7pm and going through the guide to autotune all the shows I will watch for the night - can't do that anymore.

I talked to a DirecTV guy and he said, "I know the R15 sucks, it was our first try at building an in house system. more features will show up in future versions"

Right, but you aren't gonna give me the future versions - I get the prototype crap.

Oh well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)