Raspberry Pi 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
Just read in one of my Linux Magazines that the Pi 3 is out.

64 bit Quad core CPU at 1.2 GHz

Built in 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth

1 gig of ram

Wonder if paired with an appropriate USB tuner, if it couldn't handle 4.2.2 smoothly?

These things (the older models) are great for many things. Have one setting across the room recording magnetic readings as I type this.

edit to correct mind running faster than the fingers

I've had my Pi 3 for a couple of months now, but have so many other projects have not even really messed with it yet.

It should be able to though, it has enough horse power, just getting some code to work.

Guess I need to do a little research. KE4EST's answer was my thinking as well, just thought maybe someone was more up on the idea than me, as magazines are quite dated by the time you get them. But, I still like the pulp in my hands.

Thanks for the feedback. If it works, could be a reasonable priced 4.2.2 solution. I only need/want it to watch my shows either earlier or later on that certain network. I already have the USB tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)